• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Skoaktiebolaget

Does G&G offer mahogany shell? What is the up charge for cordovan (boots)?

Also, for gents who appreciate a good jodhpur...

Where do you stand on buckle placement? I first liked it on the heel, like the Tavistock, but now that seems too casual and mostly wearable with denim. Buckle around the throat seems more versatile...

Last edited:

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Skoaktiebolaget

Where do you stand on buckle placement? I first liked it on the heel, like the Tavistock, but now that seems too casual and mostly wearable with denim. Buckle around the throat seems more versatile...
G&G are really restrictive with Cordovan orders since the quality and amount available for high quality Cordovan leather from Horween is less than before.

benjamin8451

Reaction score
Are you going to restock Dover?

confused.gif
I checked your upcoming list, seems like that dover is canceled.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a pair of Tärnsjö Boots, the leather seems great and also seems very thick compared to traditional grain leather. I do not know if this is my imagination or indeed this leather is thicker. Anyways I am looking forward to breaking these in.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have this leather in wingtip shoes. It does seem thicker than regular calf and different texture. It looks that its from an older cow as the grain/pores looks bigger.

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Skoaktiebolaget

I like it like that too, like how tavistock looks also depends upon type of jodhpur make up. Example JL gator strap jodhpur looks sick with that down ward strap.

emidyl

Reaction score
I just received a pair of Tärnsjö Boots, the leather seems great and also seems very thick compared to traditional grain leather. I do not know if this is my imagination or indeed this leather is thicker. Anyways I am looking forward to breaking these in
good to hear, been on the fence about the wingtips. Maybe get on the wait list.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are you going to restock Dover?

:confused:  I checked your upcoming list, seems like that dover is canceled.

We have a few pairs coming in about a week...like five pairs...then a few more pairs a month after this. Got some serious delays at EG right now.

Good thing is we have Galway in Loden/DOAK incoming soon.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just received a pair of Tärnsjö Boots, the leather seems great and also seems very thick compared to traditional grain leather. I do not know if this is my imagination or indeed this leather is thicker. Anyways I am looking forward to breaking these in.

I also have this leather in wingtip shoes. It does seem thicker than regular calf and different texture. It looks that its from an older cow as the grain/pores looks bigger.

Yes, Tärnsjö Grain is thicker, this is correct.

loxo

Reaction score
I am super stoked to get the EB dress shoe that just released. I actually like the last on these over the 804 last I was contemplating ordering as an MTO. In general I really love a chiseled last but wanted something more conservative on a black oxford. The angled toe without being fully chiseled looks like an elegant compromise.

Also, not to pile on, but I was also looking at the Carmina shoes when I saw this one. I guess I hadn't looked at the Carmina shoes since the US store launched.. WTF would anyone buy the Carmina equivalent when EBs are comparably priced? I guess Carmina has method to their madness, but I mean when I am sitting here with money on hand to buy a pair of shoes the decision is not even close as who I am going to go with.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am super stoked to get the EB dress shoe that just released. I actually like the last on these over the 804 last I was contemplating ordering as an MTO. In general I really love a chiseled last but wanted something more conservative on a black oxford. The angled toe without being fully chiseled looks like an elegant compromise.

Also, not to pile on, but I was also looking at the Carmina shoes when I saw this one. I guess I hadn't looked at the Carmina shoes since the US store launched.. WTF would anyone buy the Carmina equivalent when EBs are comparably priced? I guess Carmina has method to their madness, but I mean when I am sitting here with money on hand to buy a pair of shoes the decision is not even close as who I am going to go with.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't classify 804 as chiseled, but definitely a more aggressive almond shape than the rounder 74945. The latest model still sounds perfect for you though.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it like that too, like how tavistock looks also depends upon type of jodhpur make up. Example JL gator strap jodhpur looks sick with that down ward strap.
You mean that downward gator strap. LOL

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads