1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

He did say "aesthetically", not quality or finish or quality of materials.

1 person likes this.
  2. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

@Leaves

Will you have MTO capability with Lobb or just store stock items.
    I.e can you MTO a store model in a wide fitting or different color
    Or just MTO any available model (lobb typically has a list)
    And what is the upcharge for an MTO order.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but did not see on website or here

3. vmss

vmss Senior member

I will repeat my self the looks of the shoes based on the photos. Both have patina/museum leather,edges are painted black and see some similarities on their lasts as well. This is just my judgement based on the photos I have seen.

I am sure quality wise John Lobb will blow Carlos Santos out of the water.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  4. laufer

laufer Senior member

It is normal that you cannot see the difference aesthetically wise when you are looking at the pictures. If you handled JL in person you would immediately notices the aesthetic difference between the two of them.
    However 99% men and 100% of women cannot tell the difference aesthetically wise between JL, EG, GG, Carmina, Carlos Santos, Alden. Allen Edmonds. This is not something that many members of this forum are willing to admit but it is the way it is.

By the way, Parisian Brown Suede is a great color, I have a pair that color. I highly recommend that split toe model.

By the way any since we are talking about JB, anyone has any input on sizing of 8000 and 8695 lasts in respect to 7000 last. Take the same size in all three?

1 person likes this.
  5. coldinboston

Same size all 3 8695, 7000, 8000

1 person likes this.
  6. vriche

vriche Senior member

Ok, thanks!

7. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

:rotflmao:

8. lexxdeleon

lexxdeleon Senior member

Sad to see that the new maker is simply out of reach for me, but glad to see that my EB gmto hunter boots arrived today!!

1 person likes this.
  9. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

I'll go further lol. Most men and women can't tell the difference between those brands, aesthetically, from shoes you can buy from DSW, banana republic, jcrew, dillards, nord's, cole haan's, etc.

3 people like this.
  10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

A sad confirmation: my superior (a female) took me and a coworker aside the other day to tell us that we both constantly wore the nicest shoes she has ever seen and is very impressed with our style and professionalism.

I was wearing my Bonafe chukkas on plum museum. The other dude was wearing scuffed-up square toed Kenneth Cole slip-ons

Le sigh...

17 people like this.
  11. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We will offer a full MTO program. MTO surcharge will be 1500 SEK. But there is also a large variety of styles from the "core collection" that can be had without any surcharge. This is actually very sweet. We will post more info shortly. Or you can email us for a PDF containing all the core collection styles. sales@skoaktiebolaget.se

1 person likes this.
  12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Will there be an up charge for ordering wide versions of core styles??

13. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Most of the styles in the core collection is available in D, E, F widths without a surcharge.

14. Zerase

Zerase Member

After taking in yet another very expensive brand, any chance on restocking CS and Carmina for us poor students with a tighter budget? Would love to get some nice shoes from those brands but a lot of the styles just have a few sizes left on the homepage. "Tomten" kind of need to get my letter before Christmas. I would also like to thank Oliver for the help he offered me while I visited your shop a few weeks ago. It is rare to find a shop where the sellers listen to the costumers and understand what they want and need without trying to sell them anything that they did not want in the first place. Fortsätt så gubbar!

4 people like this.
  15. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Shrugs.
    Oh well.
    Was secretly hoping for Zonkey / Giacometti.
    But at least this means the wallet is safe.

3 people like this.
  16. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I take the same size in the 9795, 7000, and 8000. No experience with the 8695, unfortunately.

The Lobb selection looks great, IMO. The City II model is my favorite oxford. I have a pair in in black and like it better than my EG oxfords on the 202 (I have the Chelsea model). Also think JL's William is the best double monk on the market.

17. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

I arrive home and I find that the mysterious maker is Lobb. What does it mean to me? That Skoaktiebolaget has become the go to luxury retailer in Sweden. Getting Lobb means the team is doing it very well, because as everybody knows Lobb belongs to Hermès and the luxury group is very careful when choosing a retailer. In Barcelona they are sold at the best menswear shop in Spain (Santa Eulalia) and in Madrid they have a very nice shop in the very best area of the city.

Now, it's time to Gabriel to tell us why buy Lobb instead of G&G and St. Crispins, because the former looks more commercial than the others.

ps: And another thing I would like to know, why the heck Lobb does the quintaessential shoe (the black captoe) in the standard range and the quarter brogue in the prestige range? Does it make any sense?

18. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I have always been a sucker for the Chapel.

I love the Phillip II as well.

19. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Same for me. I love Lobb shoes. The prices have been increasing at a pretty healthy rate the last few years so my desire to add is not that robust right now.

Addendum: nvm. my bad.

20. coldinboston

https://us.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...stige-philip-ii-in-parisian-brown-museum-calf

It says all prestige line shoes come with trees