1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. yellafella321

yellafella321 Member

Has anyone had a package delayed by FedEX due to a customs clearance issue? How long does it take to resolve?

2. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Not from Skoak but twice this year I have had packages take 2 days to get from the UK, then sit in customs in Chicago for 5-7 days before being released and sent on to my US destination. No explanation either time.

Last year a package from Carmina, also on FedEx, sailed through without a hitch.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I was thinking Austrian would be best next bet. Austria is a mecca of shoemaking

4. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

Hi guys, could you confirm me the width of all
    Carmina shoes sold by Skoak ?

5. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

So from the price point I'm guessing Carlos is on par or better than meermin/loake 1880?

Never owned jodhpurs before, are they just a good looking boot that's quick to get on? Maybe go with jeans as well?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  6. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We carry standard width only for all Carmina lasts. Please email sales@skoaktiebolaget.se for further details on fit etc.

7. Leaves

I don't own any Loake 1880 so I can't comment. But definitely better than Meermin if I'm to believe the clients I've spoken to who owns both. It's closer to Carmina in terms of quality. Main difference is the open channel sole, just like you see on Loake 1880 and Crockett & Jones Benchgrade.

8. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

Thanks Leaves, standard meaning E, right?

9. Leaves

Carmina does not use the same system as many English makers use (D, E, F) , please see below:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Leaves

We just closed the Carlos Santos Field Boot Grain Patina GMTO - any takers on a plain calf Patina run?

11. deez shoes

deez shoes Well-Known Member

Good luck with that! People seem reluctant to try other variations until they can gauge fit from their Jan/Feb gmto boot.

On a related note, I wonder if the field boot with the plain calf patina and a choice of a suede shaft can be done as an option for gmto. Is something like this a possibility for Carlos Santos?

12. lartiste

lartiste Senior member

To be correct St. Crispin is Romanian!

1 person likes this.
  13. lartiste

lartiste Senior member

I would be really more happy with less known shoemaker than with those mentioned by you. Personally I do not consider AS to be intersting shoes for me, I like Alden, but this is no option for Skoak.

I would appreciate any of Hungarians or Italians shoemakers. And even any of them less known. Since in my opinion EB was not really recognized shoemaker untill @Leaves entred the martket and started to work with him.

I would be rellyhappy e.g. for Paolo Scafora ;)

1 person likes this.
  14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

What about Buday?? Although I seem to recall @Leaves being on record as not caring for the classic chunky Budapest aesthetic. Of course Buday and Vass can certainly make sleek, refined styles as well.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I doubt it is Sargent since a number of retailers (in the USA, at least) had problems with Sargent's reliability and ultimately dropped the maker.

16. deez shoes

deez shoes Well-Known Member

True. I once copped AS for less than $200 at bloomies

17. yellafella321

yellafella321 Member

How about a wholecut 234 patina run? :)

18. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

I agree with these--I can't stand the chunky, bulbous aesthetic. Maybe for some people but definitely not for me, despite my obnoxiously wide feet. Even StC pushes it for me in the bulbous category, specifically with the toe.

19. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

[​IMG]
    Button Boot Today !!

13 people like this.
  20. youtubs

youtubs Senior member

Those are so ridiculously beautiful.

1 person likes this.