1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

Thats great those peccary gloves are nice, but would be nice to see them cashmere lined.

1 person likes this.
  2. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Those floors are immaculate... Shoes ain't bad either!

1 person likes this.
  3. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

You are speaking my language that's what I am hoping they will be bringing out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. grovester

grovester Active Member

Hello Leaves,

Any plans on stocking the Carlos Santos double monk in Braga or Algarve again? I wanted to pick them up but my size was one of the first to sell out when they first came out.

Thanks.

5. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

6. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

@Leaves or anyone-is there a difference between EG Moccha and CS Mink Suede?

7. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

It looks like you're in the GTA. If you like you can contact GTA Shoe Shine (here) to see if he can fix it. The owner is @jokb and is a member in good standing here. If you prefer DIY please consult the shoe care thread here. As others have said it looks like you used way too much wax.

8. martinln

martinln Member

Will you be restocking the Enzo Bonafe burgundy beauty in uk8.5?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  9. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

To be decided.

10. Leaves

I don't have the EG swatches anymore. No idea if it's the same tannery. Don't think so.

11. Leaves

1 person likes this.
  12. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

No kidding. That CS split toe already sold out in a few sizes (including my size). That style is too great, love the grain model and if it wasn't sold out I'd seriously have to consider checking it out.

Need a dark brown or snuff suede shade of brown in that style. GMTO anyone?....

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  13. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Grabbed the CS split toe. Now I need some of you to help me decide which Tärnsjö leather from Carmina: wingtip boot on Forest or cap toe boot on Soller? Opinions welcomed.

1 person likes this.
  14. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

I have a general aversion to Clemson fans but I'll endeavor to help in the name of good shoes. Do you have any Carmina currently? If so, do you have anything on the Forest or Soller last? I personally like the look of the wingtip more but I have a hard time with the instep on the Forest last. If that last fits you that would be my preference.

15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Haha, why's that? Our fans typically get great feedback from other fan bases, but we all have some obnoxious tools. I'd like to think I'm not one of those. : ) I'm leaving towards the wingtip as well, and (grasp) I've been very close to pulling the trigger on the Crockett and Jones Skye 3 or Coniston which are similar boots and at a great value given the pound's exchange rate with the USD. I don't have Carmina in either of those lasts, so yeah I'm shooting in the dark. I do have the Oscar in a cap toe boot and it fits me great. I like both of these. Wish I could try these on before purchasing, but that's out of the question.

1 person likes this.
  16. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Let's just say that my favorite colors are garnet and black. [​IMG]

Your internal boot debate is the exact same debate that I had with myself last year. I ended up with a Carmina CXL wingtip on the Llubi last. In retrospect, that's a very casual last and I probably would have been happier with something a bit more sleek. Talk to the folks at Skoak. If you fit well in an Oscar boot they will be able to tell you how the Forest and Soller will feel. I'm thinking the Forest will be similar but don't quote me on that.

1 person likes this.
  17. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Ah, so now it comes out. I actually suspected you were a gamecock fan. Thanks for helping a CU guy out.

Would your answer change to the cap toe if I told you that I have a C&J Pembroke shortwing in tan grain coming? I suspect that these two would over lap in color, although obviously the Carmina is a boot version. Having said that, I've been on a cap toe run lately, so the cap toe would likely overlap in color with something I have as well. I've been emailing with the folks at Skoak some, so I'll try to narrow it down a bit more. I like both, but purchasing both is not an option.

18. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

Dumb Q maybe, my Bick4 got pretty watery over the hot summer. Is that a write-off or normal? No, haven't tried yet to put it in the fridge and see how that goes. (Just sprang to mind. Oh, and I'm happy to email this question to the kind gents at SkoAB, too. J/k. ;) )

19. Leaves

Sorry, never heard of that before. It very rarely climbs over 25 degrees Centigrade / 77 Fahrenheit here in Sweden.