1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Pbayvip

Pbayvip Senior member

Looks like number 1 is good to go? I count 6 interested...

2. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I'm following this closely but I'm probably not looking for a version with the chained norvegese stitching and it seems that the colors that are most popular here (lighter browns or purples/blues) are not what I'm after. A flat welt version in a true medium to dark brown leather (or suede) is more what I'm after.

3. CarlosMS16

CarlosMS16 Active Member

When this comes around, and if you can add one more, I'm in.

4. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Thank you Carlos, I'll remember that and keep you in the loop!

5. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

@tdes81
    @Dslondon
    @Pbayvip

Soft burnishing works for me as does matching sole edge and flat laces. I, too, will defer to anyone who has a preference between single leather and vibram. I think vibram will make them more versatile for *almost* any condition, but would be happy with either option.

Edit - didn't see the summation from Skoak...guess we're good to go and sticking with leather soles, which is fine by me.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  6. Dslondon

Dslondon Active Member

I prefer the leather sole if we vote
    @bsarosi
    @tdes81
    @Pbayvip

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  7. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

I prefer the leather sole as well, let's stick with that.

8. Dannefalk

Dannefalk Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  9. ecwy

ecwy Senior member

Enzo Bonafe boots in Tärnsjö Oak / Hidro Jasper on 74945 Last

GMTO with @ThunderMarch

I wanted a full brogue version of the boots whereas ThunderMarch and our other friend wanted an Austerity version which I already owned 1 pair. We compromised on it being brogue on the long wingtip and austerity on the seam connecting to the suede. Despite my initial reservations, it turned out quite well imo.

Gonna be an awesome casual boot. Maybe I could even sneak it into the office rotation on Thursdays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  10. ThunderMarch

Definitely my favourite pair of boots now.

11. benf

benf Senior member

Speaking of kudu, I recognise it's more causal than calf. So for the Isham, kudu or calf upper? I'm trying to decide between the 2 and am quite torn. The calf is a 'safer' choice but I likes the look of the kudu and the fact it's uncommon. Do u gents wear this type of split toe derby shoes as part of a formal outfit?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  12. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Hey man I personally use them for business casual specially the kudu isham. But I don't see why can't you use calf isham with suit. But once again depending upon formality, but in all honesty I don't think any one would care outside of SF. I suppose you can use kudu isham for formal, afternoon event I don't see a big deal. Other than that I would stick to normal dress shoes at least that's my two cent.

13. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I will invariably select an oxford over a derby for pairing with a formal business suit. While it's true that the vast majority of populace will neither notice nor care, it is also true that the vast majority of the populace is utterly clueless as to the conventions and elements of classic menswear. I don't really want to dress to their standards.

That said, the Isham will look far from horrible with a suit, and will easily prove to be better than what 99% or more of that same clueless majority happen to be wearing. But if suit pairing is your primary goal, I definitely recommend calf over Kudu.

It's possible that my calf Thorpes will occasionally be paired with a suit - but it would be something more heavily textured. I can't really see them with navy blue worsted. But in the winter I wear a lot of tweeds and flannels in various sport coat / trouser combos and the Thorpes will rock hard there.

1 person likes this.
  14. benf

benf Senior member

@TtownMD @RogerP That combination rocks.

I agree with you both. Personally, I'd only pair oxfords with a formal outfit. What promoted me to ask the question were the words 'casual' and 'formal' being used in the same sentence. In this instance, it really is relative. And for my lifestyle (jeans, chinos but seldom suit), I'm leaning towards kudu.

15. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That makes perfect sense. Kudu is awesome.

16. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Dang, those boots are awesome! Speaking of Tärnsjö Oak, is the ETA for the Tärnsjö Oak chukkas still October?

17. ThunderMarch

Apart from the boot, the tarnsjo leather is great.
    It has the appearance / surface texture not too dissimilar to tumbled calf (compared to say, Enzo's lama range of leathers).
    But it feels significantly sturdier, and is very supple, considering it's a veg tan. It's prob some form of milled leather I guess.

18. grovester

grovester Active Member

I am considering picking up one of the Carmina Tärnsjö boots on Skoak right now. Would you say that Tärnsjö is a good boot leather? Do they keep your feet warm, hold up well in wet conditions? Also how tough is this leather compared to calf and cordovan shell? Do they hold up to scratches and scuffs well? Sorry I don't know much about Tärnsjö and I really want to get my first good boot before winter.

19. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We are expecting a partial delivery of this model in a couple of weeks and the rest hopefully in early October. This series was one of the biggest we have done from Bonafè, which can affect the leda time slightly but we will get back to all participants once we know more.

20. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We are now live with the first suggestion for a GMTO for this split toe derby from Enzo Bonafè:
    http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...onafe-split-toe-in-bolet-calf-50-gmto-deposit

Please let us know if anything us unclear or if any further questions comes up. Please also note that the maximum number of participants is eight people.

@tdes81 , @Pbayvip , @bsarosi , @Dslondon