• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

You should be ashamed of yourself being a big-footed man and all. This is why I can't endorse you guys but I'm sure there will be many pantyfoots to drive your sales. Hope you understand or HYU.

First of all I have not been ashamed of myself since I was a wee teen boy and had to go shopping with my mom. :D Second, I got these for you, you're a UK 12.5 in EG right?

For all you big footed lads out there, we have more size UK 12, UK 11.5 and even a few UK 13 in EG. Anyone who carries 11.5 and up will get a 10% discount on EG. Big Feet FTW! :nodding:

Maybe we should start our own "Big Feet Thread - info and were to buy" -thread on where to get large sizes.

earnest

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For all of you interested in Edward Green Galway boots with shearling lining, we just received word from the factory that these can only be produced on the 64 last. So, for shearling lining, no 82 last for example. We have asked for more info on how the 64 fits, perhaps someone here can offer some information as well?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First of all I have not been ashamed of myself since I was a wee teen boy and had to go shopping with my mom. :D Second, I got these for you, you're a UK 12.5 in EG right?

For all you big footed lads out there, we have more size UK 12, UK 11.5 and even a few UK 13 in EG. Anyone who carries 11.5 and up will get a 10% discount on EG. Big Feet FTW! :nodding:

Maybe we should start our own "Big Feet Thread - info and were to buy" -thread on where to get large sizes.

I take a UK12E & have or have had all of those. Those loafers up there are Carmina in shell?

Thanks

Last edited:

Ialdabaof

Reaction score
Could anyone please elaborate on EG sizes in comparison with Carmina Robert or C&J 348? Both fit me nice and I'd probably be interested in Galways MTO if I knew my size. Don't have an opportunity to try EGs on.

niklasnordin

Reaction score
Leaves, dont mean to hijack this thread, but since I know you're into ties as well
I though I'd post a public question in case others also have some suggestions or have the same question as me.

Where's the best place to buy ties in Stockholm?

really appreciate any help since Im completely clueless

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could anyone please elaborate on EG sizes in comparison with Carmina Robert or C&J 348? Both fit me nice and I'd probably be interested in Galways MTO if I knew my size. Don't have an opportunity to try EGs on.
I wear size 8.5 UK in Carmina Robert and C&J 348. I wear a size 9 D UK for EG. Generally I have found - size down half a size from US to UK for EG, and a full size down from US to UK for Carmina and C&J. Perhaps others can chime in as well.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear size 8.5 UK in Carmina Robert and C&J 348.  I wear a size 9 D UK for EG.  Generally I have found - size down half a size from US to UK for EG, and a full size down from US to UK for Carmina and C&J.  Perhaps others can chime in as well. 

This is helpful, I wear a 8.5UK in Carmina Rain and was curious about EG.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaves,

I think you might find that there are quite a few members who have feet that are actually the size of a a foot and take 12UK.

They may only stock a few in 12, but I always see the Carmina website and the Armory sell out of the 12's.

If you feel that it is too much of a risk to stock 12's, maybe you can let us know when you are ordering something or restocking and we can let you know our interest.

Just a thought that may help some extra sales.

Ialdabaof

Reaction score
I wear size 8.5 UK in Carmina Robert and C&J 348. I wear a size 9 D UK for EG. Generally I have found - size down half a size from US to UK for EG, and a full size down from US to UK for Carmina and C&J. Perhaps others can chime in as well.
Thank you! Is D a normal or a narrow width in EG? I wear 7.5 UK in normal E width.
A bit afraid of making a blind order as I already have a couple of ASs in 7.5 and 8 neither of which actually fit
frown.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leaves,

I think you might find that there are quite a few members who have feet that are actually the size of a a foot and take 12UK.

They may only stock a few in 12, but I always see the Carmina website and the Armory sell out of the 12's.

If you feel that it is too much of a risk to stock 12's, maybe you can let us know when you are ordering something or restocking and we can let you know our interest.

I bought two pair from the good folks at teh Armoury based strictly on pictures and their comparisons to EG sizing. EG's fit me perfectly, the Carminas-almost so.

For the gent who inquired above re the reverse fit translation I wear a 12/12.5E in EG and took a 12 in Carmina. I have the Alcudia and Simpson lasts which fit nicely. The Alcudia much more so.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I take a UK12E & have or have had all of those. Those loafers up there are Carmina in shell?

Thanks

Yes the penny loafers earlier in the thread are in Burgundy Shell. Have them in UK 12. Only one pair though.

Leaves, dont mean to hijack this thread, but since I know you're into ties as well. I though I'd post a public question in case others also have some suggestions or have the same question as me. Where's the best place to buy ties in Stockholm?
really appreciate any help since Im completely clueless

No worries! Bauer and Allde has some Rubinacci, that's worth a visit. Gabucci carries Marinella, also a personal favorite. I think Nitti Gritty has some Drake's. We'll have some nice knitted ties from Sozzi this fall, they make a lot of the knitted ties for bigger companies that are better known (Paul Stuart etc).

Leaves,

Yes I'll set up a list of our UK 11+ sizes soon. No problem. Also a list of incoming stock. I'm still very much in favour of a "Large Feet - info and where to get shoes"-thread (or whatever the name will be). But I'd rather not set it up myself because I don't want to scare away the other retailers. It should be an open thread for everyone; guys with big feet and retailers who stock plus size shoes.

Thank you! Is D a normal or a narrow width in EG? I wear 7.5 UK in normal E width. 
A bit afraid of making a blind order as I already have a couple of ASs in 7.5 and 8 neither of which actually fit :(

D is actually a narrow fit both for EG and G&G. You'd might want to try and have a look at the Carmina Sizing Thread, there's a lot of useful info there, or e-mail us and we'll help you. [email protected].

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fun facts about Carmina you may or may not know.

José Albaladejo is, apart from being the owner of Carmina, of course also a renowned shoe designer. He’s a gentleman in his sixties of a very subtle and kind demeanor and every time I’ve met him he wears a shirt and tie under his work robes.

Mr. Albaladejo’s wife’s name is Carmina and this is where he got the name for his company from. What a tribute to his beloved!

The majority of Mr. Albaladejo’s large family works at Carmina Shoemaker in Inca. Betty is his daughter and most of you have heard her name, she’s the sales manager at Carmina and she also handles all direct sales. Betty’s sisters; Carmina and Magda are both shoe designers and work for their father’s company. Antonio Albaladejo (or Tony as some of you may know him as) is José’s son and the man in charge; he is the Managing Director of the company. Mr. Albaladejo’s passion is for design so he seems more than comfortable to let his capable son Antonio run the company. One of Antonio’s kids name is…yeah you guessed it: Carmina.

Adam a.k.a Earnest with Betty Albaladejo

José Albaladejo has two more sons (Mr. Albaladejo is productive in several fields of expertise as it seems :D) and they own Meermin. Pepe Albaladejo is José Albaladejo's grandson.

The primary language spoken in the Carmina factory is actually not Spanish; it’s Mallorquin. This is a completely separate language from Spanish, not a dialect, but Mallorquin is similar to Catalan. The written language is similar to Spanish but anyone who knows Spanish can testify that spoken Mallorquin/Catalan is very, very hard to understand.

Natural sole edge Spanish: canto cuero Mallorquin: cant cuir
No pull tab Spanish: sin tirador Mallorquin: sense tirador
Flat laces Spanish: cordones platos Mallorquin: cordons plats
Excuse me Spanish: perdón Mallorquin: perdoni
How are you Spanish: cómo está Mallorquin: com va

Mr. Albaladejo used to travel in the US and this is where he got the inspiration for the names of some of his lasts; Detroit, Philadelphia etc. After that he switched to Majorcan cities and villages; Inca, Soller, Alcudia etc. The new lasts though…no one knows but him.

Inca used to be a major shoe manufacturing center back in the days. At one time over 50 shoemaker factories where open for business here, now only two remain.

These two shoes were owned by José Albaladejo's grandfather, so they must be over 100 years or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads