• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The MH71 last is beautiful, particularly the toe. I saw the Sinatra wholecuts on this last and the shape of the toe is simply exquisite for a wholecut. I'm not sure how it would look on the St. James II, but it looked damn beautiful on those Sinatras!

Sinatra is wicked on TG73 last at least from soak site. I have not seen them on other last but I am sure they are awsome looking.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick question what is the difference between TG73 last vs MH71 I ask because I have TG73 last & love it. If I go with MH71 will it fit the same?

TG73 toe is more sharply chiseled. If TG73 fits, MH71 will most likely fit you too.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@stevent I believe someone said shark somewhere?

Bespoke Bonafé Chukkas in Brown Shark
That was me! I also mentioned stingray, in case Bonafe has it too?

Would love a loafer in either shark or stingray.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does one rock gray / silver shoes? I’m guessing mostly with brown pants? I presume this is definitely not something worn in the office M-Th
Any in-the-wild pictures?

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note, unless I'm the only one whose luck ran out, here's a blank import form
when importing from Skoak to the US via FedX. You may want to get familiar with it.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ Usually FedEx emails us and we sort everything out. I dunno why they contact clients directly sometimes. We are very meticulous with our paper work. Please don't make it sound like it's complicated to order by FedEx because usually it's not. For every courier, there are always people who can tell some horror story. At least FedEx has never lost a package for us and then just tell us to sod off like USPS has done several times.

Usually if FedEx wants the receiver to fill something out, we try to fix it for them. PM me if you have any issues. Thanks.

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I made it sound that way & certainly didn't intend to.
I've dealt with USF&W on deliveries before but it's the first time I've seen anything directly from a carrier, especially FedX.
With no idea if this form was to become SOP for deliveries from FedX or not, it's better to know what it is when it shows up than not.

It wasn't a big deal and took all of 2 minutes to handle with a return email that says everything is hunky dory.
Are there implications from it ? No idea and don't particularly care. If they're cracking down on imports, they're cranking down on imports.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I don't think I made it sound that way & certainly didn't intend to.
I've dealt with USF&W on deliveries before but it's the first time I've seen anything directly from a carrier, especially FedX.
With no idea if this form was to become SOP for deliveries from FedX or not, it's better to know what it is when it shows up than not.

It wasn't a big deal and took all of 2 minutes to handle with a return email that says everything is hunky dory.
Are there implications from it ?  No idea and don't particularly care. If they're cracking down on imports, they're cranking down on imports.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

It's funny how US Customs and Border Protection seems to be sticklers with the commercial couriers. Maybe there's some kinda vendetta going on. I'd love to hear some conspiracy theories. But maybe in a different thread.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was me! I also mentioned stingray, in case Bonafe has it too?

Would love a loafer in either shark or stingray.

Lovely pair of chukkas.
How are they holding up?
Would you consider a boot makeup in this?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's funny how US Customs and Border Protection seems to be sticklers with the commercial couriers. Maybe there's some kinda vendetta going on. I'd love to hear some conspiracy theories. But maybe in a different thread.

ask Trump

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there's no conspiracy, it's just dollars Ryden's idea could be fun tho, just for the helluvit

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have gotten that paper also from fedex but it's filled out normally and you don't have any worries from soak and other company also. Surprised to see they gave you that blank like that.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have gotten that paper also from fedex but it's filled out normally and you don't have any worries from soak and other company also. Surprised to see they gave you that blank like that.

You get that paper even when your package is delivered by USPS. Skoak is very good at filling out paperwork, I have had any problems for over two or three :embar: dozen of packages I received form them.

That might be just mistake on FEDEX part.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads