1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

That's what I'm saying... Bonafe Thorpe.

2. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

@Leaves
    If we were to get enough interests in doing this type of split toe seam on other models.... might we, by any chance... be able to accelerate this process??
    Haha.

3. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

I'm eyeing off the CS jumpers on the 234 last. Carmina Rain last fits me damn near perfectly and Skoak's advice us to take the same size. Any fit differences I should be aware of?

Thanks!

4. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Let's wait guys, we have about 20 pairs of the Split Toe in production. This type of apron takes a lot of man hours to complete. AFAIK only one artisans Bonafé works with knows how to make it (I believe it's a guy who works from his home, not in the factory). It would be prudent to hold off a bit.

5. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Ok.
    I understand. Will hold off for a bit and see how things turn out.

6. Leaves

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    4 people like this.
  7. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

I know what I'll be adding to my order when those G&G MTO cherry/kudu Walktons arrive :)

8. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

I hope my Italian NST boots are within those 20 pairs in production. Can´t wait!!
    Do you happen to know how many artisans are specialized in the norvegese stiching?

9. Bespoke DJP

Bespoke DJP Senior member

Dear @Leaves Hi,

I am glad that you now have Albert Thurston braces in your accessories' offerings, and especially content for the braided-end ones.

One - triple - question if I might on the above: what color is the back part (elastic) on each of your three linen braces, namely grey, brown, and navy?

Thank you in advance,

Dimitris

10. doorsncolours

doorsncolours Member

Just as a heads up I dropped by the G&G store and you can still order kudu. The sales rep said that "we will never run out of kudu". Someone else mentioned it may not be the same shade that was around in 2015 mind you.

11. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Maiden voyage today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  12. Dannefalk

Dannefalk Well-Known Member

Dear Dimitris,

On the navy and brown the back elastic is brown. On the grey pair the elastic is black. Hope this is helpful, if you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Oliver

13. Leaves

It is my conviction that this particular sales rep is speaking without being presented with all the facts or is misinformed. Charles F Stead & Co Ltd provides a few Kudu (antelope) options. One is a suede, which is very nice and is offered by makers like Saint Crispin's among others (they call it KUD) Stead & Co, like some other tanneries, also provides other Kudu options. None of these looks anything like the A & A Crack & Sons Ltd Pebody Kudu used by G&G for Skoaktiebolaget. Like these styles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I quote the A & A Crack website to further clarify: "Pebody was the last remaining calf skin tannery in England. It ceased production around 15 years ago. Among their celebrated leathers was Genuine Kudu. Amazingly in the vaults of a gents welted shoe factory this leather has come to light. Limited stock only – When its gone its gone!"

There is stock left of the Pebody Kudu, but Dean Girling has personally told me that the only remaining hides are of inferior quality that G&G will not use.

1 person likes this.
  14. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

GG just posted on Instagram saying to email them direct for any kudu order you want.

[​IMG]

15. doorsncolours

doorsncolours Member

That makes sense. The kudu you had on the Thorpes last year (i believe) looked nicer than what is currently available. I learned a hard lesson when i missed out on those.

16. Leaves

Hopefully then, G&G has found a new source of Kudu that looks like the Pebody Kudu. I will of course investigate. I'm very surprised Dean has not told me about it as they know we are very interested in making more runs in this leather.

2 people like this.
  17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

@Leaves thx you I was in market for new braces & these look good kill two things, shoes & braces with one stone [​IMG][​IMG]

18. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

You & me brother !!

19. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

I believe it's CF Stead's classic kudu

[​IMG]

20. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

that IWC is fantastic, bro