• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, just found this in the Carmina thread, from Leaves

My question concerns any gradations around the first color (Vegano Marron) that might be lighter but not to Natur Cuero. The Natur Burdeos looks very similar to the Marron. The former must be a bit redder, so curious about that too.

The names in Spanish for the most common Carmina colors/mats:

Carmina Vegano Marron:

Natur Cuero

Carmin

To complicate things further, you can also finish the "vegano" in a few differnet ways, but let's stick to basic.
biggrin.gif
And please rememberthat although it's called "vegano" it is not proper veg.tanned.
I am interested in the "finishing".

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I'm more inclined toward a dark brown (or at least mid-brown) because I think the contrast with the Norgevese stitching is part of the overall effect that I like. The stitching would probably be a little more lost visually with natural edge. This is an Alden with different stitching, but looking at it, I'm imagining that the stitching would blend in too much on a natural sole.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously, where's the Pearl Grey St James II GMTO before the price raises and they remove GMTO?

I would be down for this GMTO

I was considering this too but I am a narrow and would not be a part of the first set of people needed to get the order plus I'd like to get in my kudu thrilled to make sure that the size and width I chose work for me on this last before ordering another pair in the same sizing.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sub 90 degree day = boot weather!

[]

I love how they came out in depth of color and texture so I can't wait until I get mine.

Last edited:

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm more inclined toward a dark brown (or at least mid-brown) because I think the contrast with the Norgevese stitching is part of the overall effect that I like. The stitching would probably be a little more lost visually with natural edge. This is an Alden with different stitching, but looking at it, I'm imagining that the stitching would blend in too much on a natural sole.
I'm sorry. You are right. I'd realised that a darker sole would perhaps be better to give more of contrast between the soles and the uppers, and also between the sole and the contrast stitch.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way.
Just thought I'd seek you guys' opinion.
I've been wanting for the longest time to get a pair of jodhpurs done with EB.
I've always thought hatch grain would go great with such a pair of boots but EB doesn't work with it apparently. As a result I'd considered cola llama. But after looking at some pictures of llama in the wild, I'd found that it might crease and wrinkle a fair bit more than I'd desire.
I do like the idea of museum calf but it seems like it would be a weird idea to do this on a jodhpur.
What do you guys think? What would be a good choice for uppers?
That being said, anyone interested in joining?

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By the way.
Just thought I'd seek you guys' opinion.
I've been wanting for the longest time to get a pair of jodhpurs done with EB.
I've always thought hatch grain would go great with such a pair of boots but EB doesn't work with it apparently. As a result I'd considered cola llama. But after looking at some pictures of llama in the wild, I'd found that it might crease and wrinkle a fair bit more than I'd desire.
I do like the idea of museum calf but it seems like it would be a weird idea to do this on a jodhpur.
What do you guys think? What would be a good choice for uppers?
That being said, anyone interested in joining?

I would think Bonafe Inca might be good idea or Bonafe Buffalo leather.

vlxvndr

Reaction score
I'd love to make something with that red grain! Anyone have photos of a makeup with said Inca leather?

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey do you guys know if gents from soak store also in vacation? Or low staff just wondering have not gotten email yet normally they are very fast to respond just need size help EB chukka

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we have 10 interested in the

St James II in Pearl Grey GMTO

Specs:
Price: 8800 SEK ex-vat (approximately 1000 USD)
Model: St James II
Color: Pearl Grey
Last: MH71 / TG73?
Sole: Oak Bark Sole
Lining: Navy? Black? Rioja? Let GG Decide?

We need 6 of the same width. Widths guys?

@ironist - F
@stevent - F
@venividivicibj
@charliechan - E
@TtownMD - E
@Iyor
@nickrut - E or F
@Steel28
@mypants - F
@mw313 - narrow

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads