1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

What colors are you guys planning on wearing those St James with? Got a pair waiting for me at home and trying to plan

2. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I have a pair from last year, worn them a lot through snow, mud and slush and really bad conditions. It's thick as shell. It creases in rolls a bit like shell. The leather itself is bovine that has been milled (I'm not sure this is the English word). It's proper vegetable tanned leather. The grain is supposed to be natural from the milling. It holds up amazingly well, even after getting salt stains and stuff on them. It's a rugged boot and I wear it with heavy cords, denim, tweed etc.

1 person likes this.
  3. Resonator

Resonator Well-Known Member

I have 2 pairs .... 1 boot and 1 shoe in Carmina tarnsjo leather and they are great. In real life the colour is amazing ..... deep .. rich. And it will take a shine if that is want you want. I look forward to other colours in this leather.

1 person likes this.
  4. andrel42

andrel42 Senior member

Woo hoo !! Superb !!! Enjoy !!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Senior member

Man - this looks a whole LOT better under this kind of light and darker than I expected (which is really good.) I really regret not pulling the trigger on this one :-(

Anyways congrats on the awesome kop!

6. agedashidofu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also just got mine today.

These came out absolutely stunning and like all the other pairs I got from them I cannot find any fault on the shoes whatsoever. Thanks a million to Skoak for the super excellent service!

12 people like this.
  7. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

@agedashidofu Thanks and wear in good health. Glad we could secure the very last of that Kudu for our clients. It's all gone now and we'll most likely never see anything exactly like it as the leather was from a source that's no longer around. There's some stuff left but not of a quality that G&G would use.

8. agedashidofu

Wow - I didn't know that.
    Seriously one of the best purchases I've ever made then!!!

9. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

I like all my G&Gs, Lobbs, EGs, my recently acquired besteguys from Aubercy, and all the others in my wardrobe.

But I like these the most.

The make up is just inspired.

Has there ever been a better GMTO?

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Kudus @Leaves, because I just have to say my St James in kudu and calf have to be one of if not my favorite pair of shoes. I still look forward to my next two Kudu pair of shoes and boots which are on the way.

11. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Sir you have same killer make up with your infamous TLC care & killer shine that you will get for your shoes. I am looking forward to seeing them back from spa. Also check your IG messager when you have a min.

12. sdfzs

sdfzs Senior member

Wise words from both @leaves and @Resonator. The leather is thick and that's perhaps why it rolls a bit like shell. Comparing to the grain Carmina sources much thicker in my experience. Given this I find the break in period slightly longer then both Carmina's own grain and normal calf but once taken care of its aging with beauty

1 person likes this.
  13. cpmt10

cpmt10 Member

Wow! Great to see my shoes being posted on SF!
    Do go for these Gables, they are definitely something special!

14. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Wow - what colour is that? No way I could pull it off but it's beautiful.

15. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

it's midnight blue, @cpmt10 is famous for having lots of top class items in our circle.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

It's much lighter in shade than what I would describe as "midnight" - more of a pale sky blue - but stunning regardless of the name.

17. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

it depends on the burnishing & patina, deeper shades can be achieved by gg

1 person likes this.
  18. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Their Midnight blue is lighter than their navy blue. I was surprised how light it is when I got my pair of oakhams a while ago. Still a fantastic color none the less however the lightness does make them a bit harder to wear in business settings.

1 person likes this.
  19. SummerofLove

SummerofLove Well-Known Member

What's your sizing like on the 187 versus Carmina and Enzo Bonafe?

20. vmss

vmss Senior member

I have all three natur, vegano and tarnsjo leather. The latter is thicker and takes longer to break in. I live in warm climate, so I find that it doesn't "breathe" that well or leave my feet cooler compared to the vegano, which is thinner and softer. The vegano is softer and perfect for warmer climate. I guess that the Tarnsjo grain is better for colder climate, because of thickness of the leather.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.