• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

omgitswes

Reaction score
Maybe someone here can clear this up for me.

Why is Fedex Priority cheaper to the US than USPS? USPS says it'll take longer but it's more expensive. Reason why I ask is because most people seem to agree that USPS doesn't charge you a customs fee, so in order to avoid that I was going to choose USPS as my shipping option.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. FedEx will hit you with a hefty fee. USPS can take a long time in some cases. But usps is the better option on a cost basis.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ USPS delivered my boots a week ago with no fees and it tool 8 days from Stockholm to Texas.

omgitswes

Reaction score
Yeah I figured that much, was just curious in the reasoning for the price difference between the two. Seems like I may be saving money using USPS anyway, even though it originally costs more.

omgitswes

Reaction score
I was looking at Carmina but decided to hold off for a few weeks. But they gave me the option of Fedex or USPS with USPS bet 150 SEK more than Fed ex

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Maybe someone here can clear this up for me.

Why is Fedex Priority cheaper to the US than USPS? USPS says it'll take longer but it's more expensive. Reason why I ask is because most people seem to agree that USPS doesn't charge you a customs fee, so in order to avoid that I was going to choose USPS as my shipping option.

Yeah I figured that much, was just curious in the reasoning for the price difference between the two. Seems like I may be saving money using USPS anyway, even though it originally costs more.

Regular post (USPS for US clients) is simply more expensive for us to use. We have a good contract with FedEx and that's why it's cheaper to use. Customs fee to the US is 8.5% so its actually not that bad.

It's only a matter of time until we will have to discontinue the USPS option, both EG and Carmina is putting some pressure on us to stop this because USPS is so lousy in regards of collecting customs. For StC we have already stopped because they demanded this.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to capture the greatness on my lousy phone. Will try again when no crying children...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics