• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I got one too, so I'm thinking its normal to get one.

I just got a shipping notice for the Carmina Polo Suede GMTO, for which I paid a deposit yesterday. I fully realize that nothing has actually shipped and the order won't be ready for months, but this is my first time participating in a GMTO. So is it usual to get a shipping notice after paying one's deposit?

It's a standard notice from our ecommerce system. Items will be ready in 3-4 months.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to get burgundy shoes with tomir soles for rainy days...

Rain last is OK for me, and I am good with either quarter brogues or adelaides, whatever we can get going...

This is a good idea
If you decide for scotch grain I'm also fine with this makeup.
How much brogueing would you like on the shoe?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fellas, just FYI, the Carmina factory closes for summer leave on Friday and opens up on August 10 again. Edward Green, G&G, StC and Bonafè also closes up for a couple of weeks so we won't get any answers (or deliveries) coming out of there, just so you know.

On August 12 we plan to launch the first part
of our fall collection from Carmina Shoemaker. Keep tuned then! Deliveries from other makers will also roll in mid-August, so be sure to check out this thread regularly for updates and new releases.

I will be in vacation until August 10, Gabriel is back on the 17th so Alexander, Douglas and Oliver will pilot the ship, so please allow for a few extra days before the team responds to emails. Please note that you should always email [email protected] for queries instead of using PMs.

Thanks fellas, have a great summer, this past Spring/Summer season has been phenomenal! I really enjoy working with you guys with amazing special projects and MTOs. I'll probably post here during my vacation, but less frequently.

Last edited:

Pbayvip

Reaction score
This is a good idea
If you decide for scotch grain I'm also fine with this makeup.
How much brogueing would you like on the shoe?

I think that this is the idea for quarter brogues:

I am also OK with half brogues, really with most things, as long as it is a formal shoe which is:

1. burgundy
2. tomir sole
3. rain last

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some Enzo Bonafè shoes being referred to as Betis Castagna. Is this the equivalent to the color Bergeronnette? I can't seem to find it (Betis Castagna) in the color chart that Skoak has provided.

jackster145

Reaction score
I've seen some Enzo Bonafè shoes being referred to as Betis Castagna. Is this the equivalent to the color Bergeronnette? I can't seem to find it (Betis Castagna) in the color chart that Skoak has provided.
if i'm not wrong, Betis is a range of leather EB has. Castagna would be chestnut. not too sure about similarities with Bergeronnette!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if i'm not wrong, Betis is a range of leather EB has. Castagna would be chestnut. not too sure about similarities with Bergeronnette!

Thanks. I thought that the colors included in Skoak's color chart were all the colors available from Enzo Bonafè and that Betis was a name some resellers used instead of the names that Skoak uses, hence my conclusion that Betis = Bergeronnette. But you're suggesting that there are more colors available than the ones Skoak offers? Maybe Leaves can shed some light on this matter?

The color chart I'm referring to

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here you go.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, laufer. Seems like I was looking at the wrong chart. Here's a pair of shoes that's advertised as Betis Castagna. Doesn't look like #3 in the chart though. Confusing...

BingoLiddle

Reaction score

I am also OK with half brogues, really with most things, as long as it is a formal shoe which is:

1. burgundy
2. tomir sole
3. rain last

I may be in on this. What's the current lead time for Carmina?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, laufer. Seems like I was looking at the wrong chart. Here's a pair of shoes that's advertised as Betis Castagna. Doesn't look like #3 in the chart though. Confusing...

It is confusing but Leaves already answered this in one of his post

"Note that Betis looks very different after they have been finished. It looks so different when finished that we have been reluctant to post them before. As an example, the derby shoes posted here is in Castagna Betis."

http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/...s-official-affiliate-thread/7380#post_7605066

For this very reason I have been reluctant to order betis calf. However eventually I will I think go for a chukka on betis calf. It seems to be very durable leather.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fellas, just FYI, the Carmina factory closes for summer leave on Friday and opens up on August 10 again. Edward Green, G&G, StC and Bonafè also closes up for a couple of weeks so we won't get any answers (or deliveries) coming out of there, just so you know.

On August 12 we plan to launch the first part
of our fall collection from Carmina Shoemaker. Keep tuned then! Deliveries from other makers will also roll in mid-August, so be sure to check out this thread regularly for updates and new releases.

I will be in vacation until August 10, Gabriel is back on the 17th so Alexander, Douglas and Oliver will pilot the ship, so please allow for a few extra days before the team responds to emails. Please note that you should always email [email protected] for queries instead of using PMs.

Thanks fellas, have a great summer, this past Spring/Summer season has been phenomenal! I really enjoy working with you guys with amazing special projects and MTOs. I'll probably post here during my vacation, but less frequently.

Well, have a great vacation, you and Gabriel. Post some pics of Galways on The Bahamas or Dovers in Calais, why don't you. ;)

canadianhockey3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

1. burgundy
2. tomir sole
3. rain last

Would you guys be ok with..

1. burgundy
2. tomir sole
3. rain last
4. adelaide

?

If so, I am in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads