• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Delapre is a slightly softer calf leather available in Chestnut, Dark Brown, Black, Blue and Racing Green. It is from a French tannery which treats the leather with more oily substances which provides the softer but still very elegant finish. This also makes the leather slightly harder to create a high shine and would probably work best for casual derbies or boots. The printed version of Delapre is called Utah. 

Thank you for the response. Would probably be a great choice on the Cardiff or Ullswater :slayer::slayer::slayer:

JLnoir

Reaction score
What's the difference between Carmina's polo suede and their snuff suede??

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a shipping notice for the Carmina Polo Suede GMTO, for which I paid a deposit yesterday. I fully realize that nothing has actually shipped and the order won't be ready for months, but this is my first time participating in a GMTO. So is it usual to get a shipping notice after paying one's deposit?

JLnoir

Reaction score
O ok thanks the reason I'm asking is because I just got in my snuff suede loafers and I'm waiting on a gmto polo suede semi brogue. And they looked very similar.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got a shipping notice for the Carmina Polo Suede GMTO, for which I paid a deposit yesterday. I fully realize that nothing has actually shipped and the order won't be ready for months, but this is my first time participating in a GMTO. So is it usual to get a shipping notice after paying one's deposit?

It's a default system notice or reply, it happens but nothing actually shipped.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's the difference between Carmina's polo suede and their snuff suede??

I have a side by side pic from another member. I'll ask his permission to post it. The polo is a touch darker, IMO, and more "red than green".

Last edited:

canadianhockey3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in the following GMTO:

Quarter brogue
Dark burgundy
Tomir rubber sole
Rain last

Here is similar picture of the shoe I have in mind ..

I would if it is not museum calf and you'd be ok with doing it in an Adelaide instead of quarter brogue.

Pbayvip

Reaction score

Would anyone be interested in the following GMTO: Quarter brogue Dark burgundy Tomir rubber sole Rain last Here is similar picture of the shoe I have in mind .. .
I would like to get burgundy shoes with tomir soles for rainy days... Rain last is OK for me, and I am good with either quarter brogues or adelaides, whatever we can get going...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads