• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These will work just fine

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1800425/width/600/height/1000[/IMG[/spoiler]][/QUOTE]

Awesome!!

These look fabulous. I can see what the leather looks like, but how does it compare to CC or or other leathers you own in regards to feel, thickness, and texture?

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some GG Arran's arrived early, thanks for the great service Skoaktiebolaget:

[\spoiler]

I can't wait for my DG70 Arran MTO, I can take some last comparison pics then. The GG06 will join at the end of the year to complete my Arran collection, my own personal One Shoe... :slayer:
Sweet!!!

Alpha06

Reaction score

Since we're talking GG, what do you guys think of this fit? Just got those. They seem to be a bit tight up top since I have a medium to high insteep. So I can't really close them fully now.

Keep them? Or I need an wider shoe?

Are these St. James' vintage cherry

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the shoe fits...keep it? That spacing doesn't too far out of the ordinary, and the heel area doesn't seem to be bowing out (when that happens, it's a sign for me that the shoe is too small/narrow). If you're not standing in those pics, then maybe stand and see what happens. If there is no bowing or heel slip and your ball feels like it's in the right place, then why not keep it?

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@rydenfan - that kudu looks fantastic. Nice pickup.

I may just be a slow convert to kudu and mountain ram, just in time for stock to run out. Yes sir! Enjoy your new kicks.

blue2007

Reaction score

If the shoe fits...keep it?  That spacing doesn't too far out of the ordinary, and the heel area doesn't seem to be bowing out (when that happens, it's a sign for me that the shoe is too small/narrow).  If you're not standing in those pics, then maybe stand and see what happens. If there is no bowing or heel slip and your ball feels like it's in the right place, then why not keep it?

Here is standing but I didn't tighten the laces a lot when I first tried them on. Ignore the jeans, was lazy to take them off before trying on the shoes.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That separation seems more pronounced. But it looks like it fits fine around the heel (I'm no expert, there are others with far more experience with G&G than me)? If it feels fine, I guess I would keep it? But I wouldn't be too enthusiastic with that kind of separation. I can't tell form your posts whether you have not tightened the laces in any of those pictures.

blue2007

Reaction score

That separation seems more pronounced.  But it looks like it fits fine around the heel (I'm no expert, there are others with far more experience with G&G than me)?  If it feels fine, I guess I would keep it?  But I wouldn't be too enthusiastic with that kind of separation.  I can't tell form your posts whether you have not tightened the laces in any of those pictures. 

In those photos standing, I did not lace them up completely, it was more of a loose fit. The first ones are the ones were I tightened them up. The feet do hurt after wearing them for a couple of hours. That's why I'm not sure.

tobiasfunke19

Reaction score
Hello gents,

Would you guys mind suggesting an Enzo bonafeand Carmina last and size for me. Me feet have narrow heels but a wide forefoot. However, they are not very voluminous. For reference, I measure an 8.5d(right foot) and 8.5e(left foot) on the brannock device. I wear a 41F on vass p2 with very thin socks. However, I think i will order G width for my left foot the next time around. I also have a pair of Carmina Detroit last shoes in EE width on the size 7.5 and they are not wide enough for my left feet as they pinch my pinky toe. They are a little loose at the arch of the foot though. Viberg 110 last in size 8 are a great fit for the forefoot but too wide at the heels :s

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hello gents,

Would you guys mind suggesting an Enzo bonafeand Carmina last and size for me. Me feet have narrow heels but a wide forefoot. However, they are not very voluminous. For reference, I measure an 8.5d(right foot) and 8.5e(left foot) on the brannock device. I wear a 41F on vass p2 with very thin socks. However, I think i will order G width for my left foot the next time around. I also have a pair of Carmina Detroit last shoes in EE width on the size 7.5 and they are not wide enough for my left feet as they pinch my pinky toe. They are a little loose at the arch of the foot though. Viberg 110 last in size 8 are a great fit for the forefoot but too wide at the heels :s

Please email [email protected] for fitting advice.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Arrans above. Those look super versatile. Love em

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads