• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is poor pic of double vs single. I think standard EG is double. I got the double on my alderleys but find it a bit too stiff so always specify single on orders now. It should break it and lessen heel slip though

Thanks for the visual. I was confused by "double Dainite" as I was relating the double to an extra layer of rubber vs. a thicker leather midsole. I am wiser now.

If you order a Dainite sole from Edward Green you will by default get a "double Dainite" with a heavy midsole. If you want a slimmer option, consider the R1 sole or to clearly specify a "single Dainite", this is a Dainite with a thinner midsole.

Thanks for the clarification, Leaves.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These will work just fine

Damn already? You got them shipped FedEx? Really liking the eyelets. Kind of wish I didn't go blind on mine.

Very awesome pair!

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superb, Congrats!!

So, what' version and when do you plan to get your next one?LOL

@BootSpell they look amazing!!! Glad you are pleased with them. I find EG heel a bit wide but it does settle in and 64 is the best fit for me

Thanks, guys.

d*3, it's funny but I was thinking of that already. But I realize I'm going to have to take some time to digest these Galways and form some opinions about them after some wear before I make any decisions in that regard.

Ryden, your feedback is important to me because we both feel the Viberg 2030 last is a good fit for our feet. So, are you saying that you prefer the 64 last to the 202 or the 82? From pictures of various Galways, I can see that the 64 is on one end of the spectrum with the 82 on the other end, with the 202 in the middle.

Are the heels about the same width on all three lasts? I guess I'm also interested in what the heel counters are like on the 202 and 82. As I mentioned earlier, I find the 64 last heel counters lower (don't come up very high to cup the heel) than any other boots I own. Are the 202 and 82 the same? I might be concerned over nothing as these 64s might settle in as you say.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, for me 64 last fits tighter than other EG lasts. I know it's counterintuitive because it's supposed to be the biggest. But the heel is better for sure. I find EG heel on 202 pretty big actually in both boots and shoes. Perhaps it has to do with Veldt construction, dunno

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn already? You got them shipped FedEx? Really liking the eyelets. Kind of wish I didn't go blind on mine.

Very awesome pair!

Thanks. USPS for me. Was 7 days door to door this time. I thought the brass was a nice compliment to GG06 last. You will love the leather! Really soft in person with amazing texture

IGotId

Reaction score
I'd just received these StC MTOs a couple of days ago.
I must say these are really excellent shoes, having not handled anything even remotely close to how beautiful these things are. Thanks once again to the great folks at SkoaB, and Gabriel in particular.
There is a problem though, I can't bear to wear them.

Beautiful!

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some GG Arran's arrived early, thanks for the great service Skoaktiebolaget:

I can't wait for my DG70 Arran MTO, I can take some last comparison pics then. The GG06 will join at the end of the year to complete my Arran collection, my own personal One Shoe... :slayer:

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Holy hell. Now that is a chukka.

Last edited:

blue2007

Reaction score
Since we're talking GG, what do you guys think of this fit? Just got those. They seem to be a bit tight up top since I have a medium to high insteep. So I can't really close them fully now.

Keep them? Or I need an wider shoe?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads