1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Well-Known Member

Those 100+ year old black calf/loden suede button closure mid boots that belonged to Jose's grandfather are badass.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

It'll Arrive with USPS pretty much 0% chance for fees

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Thanks. I'm all ready to pull the trigger now. Just hoping 10.5UK in Inca last = 10.5UK in Uetam last. I couldn't find much on that in the Carmina sizing thread. Hopefully the gentlemen at skoaktiebolaget can reassure me once more.

4. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks MrJester, I'm going to copy paste here from our e-mail conversation for others to read about the fit, I hope you don't mind.

In regards of fit; Inca and Rain are wide lasts. Inca is the widest Carmina last. Uetam fits very similar to Simpson, which is a slightly narrow last. Some people size up on Simpson. But then again some people, including myself, size down in loafers because they rest differently on the foot.

5. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I sent you am email on this as well but, when you open, I'll take a half measure up. I've read a few cases on people returning the shoe because it was too tight.

Now hurry and take my money. :D

6. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

Agreed! Would actually love a pair myself. A remake would be awesome, maybe of the black/loden suede or saddle shell with dark brown buttons, or even black shell bottom/saddle upper.

7. Leaves

Carmina don't make button boots anymore, you guys have to wait until the Bonafè button boots arrive. :)

8. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

9. Leaves

Colour for button boots is Black Calf/Grey Suede. We will have one pair of button boots in Brown Calf/Brown Suede as well in UK 9.5, this was supposed to be for display but of course if anyone is interested... Price is 6500 SEK (5200 SEK ex VAT). There will be the possibility to do MTOs (+15% of base model). Minimum requirement for a group MTO is only 3 pairs. :nodding:

10. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Hey Leaves just wanted to see if we were still doing the EG Galway boot for MTO. I havent heard back yet or gotten an email yet!

11. Keen

Keen Senior member

I certainly hope so since I already paid the deposit [​IMG]

That said, what about shoe trees?

12. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

13. Leaves

Final call if you want in on the Galway Oak/Mink Suede Group MTO!

We got the following people signed up and ready to go, I'll send you an invoice for the deposit during the next few days.
    Leaves
    Skoab client
    Keen
    Mr. C.H (don't know SF nick)
    justinkapur
    Pmac
    tchoy

Please e-mail me at patrik@skoaktiebolaget.se if you want in!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  14. justinkapur

Just paid :slayer:

15. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Congrats. They are amazing!

16. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

Me too, they should arrive just in time for fall weather here in the NE.

17. justinkapur

Your not in bro? Or do you already have a pair and are making us all jealous that we won't have ours for 6 months :D

18. Leaves

Just wanted to see if there were any more takers on the new pre-order system for fall. Looks like the only model we will go ahead with is the 532 Longwing in Cognac Cordovan. PM or e-mail us if you want in. sales@skoaktiebolaget.se

EDIT: Pre Orders close April 30.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  19. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior member

Would probably go for those if they weren't cognac. I'm trying to check of other colors in my shoe closet atm.

BTW, how much thicker is a double dainite than a single dainite? For comparison, which one was used on the MTO cognac jumper boot?

20. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

We used a double dainite sole on the jumper boot. Single dainite is like a normal single leather sole.

I have a suede chukka with a single dainite and i wouldn't use that on a winter shoe of two reasons. First it will be cold and second you feel stones through the sole because it's so thin. I would rather use a double leather for fall/winter.