Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Awesome.

Namor already took magnificent.

2. velomane

velomane Senior member

3. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

The shell boots are absolutely freaking gorgeous. Just like I knew they would be.

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Are the boots on a double leather sole?

5. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Yep double soled. I haven't tried them on yet so hopefully they fit ha

6. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Are carmina now using redenbach soles exclusively or only by request (and upcharge)?

7. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Merry Xmas to all!

I had my Cognac shell jumper boots sent to Melbourne. An anxious week of waiting...no boots...kept checking the Swedish Post website with my tracking number...just said "Utlandet [overseas], the shipping item is under transportation"....left work at 4.15pm on Thursday 19th December to fly to Sydney (for work), after a final futile interrogation of our reception staff regarding freshly-delivered parcels.

Next time I logged in to Swedish Post, package delivery was shown as having occurred on Thursday 19th. WTF? Seems my jumper boots were delivered sometime between 4.15pm (when I left) and 5pm (when our office closed).

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now, the long wait until 27th when I return to work. Finally...those jumper boots will be MINE...

MWUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[​IMG]

8. humphery

humphery Member

and with a ridiculously reasonable price tag, just like any shell from Carmina.............but the question is how long can this price discrepancy last?

9. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

When you consider a pair of Allen Edmonds Shell Daltons cost a WHOPPING $700 I'd say personally my choice was easy to choose Carmina over AE. My shell bal w/double sole cost me about $720 usd. True that doesn't include shipping or my bank's 3% international fee however I still think the Carminas are a much better "value".

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

E shells can frequently be had between $500-$600

11. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

Thanks, received and paid.
    Merry Christmas and New Year!

12. laufer

laufer Senior member

When did you receive your invoice? I have not received anything yet.

13. Garasaki

Garasaki Senior member

Wish those boots had a rubber sole. I'd be about that...

14. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

I put my shell Jumpers to their paces right away and have been wearing them quite a bit since they arrived.

The great...the color was stunning and the shell gave that dark cognac the kind of glow you look for. The Oscar last is just perfect for a boot...very comfortable and roomy while maintaining a very sleek shape. They've broken in quite nicely and I'm quite happy with them overall. It's just a great value for the price paid on a shell boot.

The not so great...these have easily been the driest shell I've ever handled. From the moment they came out of the box, the sides of the vamp on both boots felt like a 5 o'clock shadow. I must have spent 2-3 passes with Reno just to smooth them out a little and I can already tell they're going to be dry when I pull them out of the box again later this week. Also, the finishing in general is just not quite up to what I've come to expect from my other investments.

I'm glad I jumped into this GMTO as these boots are everything I was looking for to round out my collection, but will likely stick with StC, JL and GG in the future. Shout out again to Coxaca for getting this organized!

15. Noonan

Noonan Active Member

I have a collection of shell boots that include 4 pairs of Alden, 3 EG, 2 Carmina and the Allen Edmonds Dalton. Of all of them, I have found the Dalton to be the most comfortable, largely because the shell was cut thin, making the boot a little more pliable. Also, the AE last is a good fit for my foot. At $700, they are pricey. But they are incredibly easy to wear.