• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sdolina

Reaction score
On the other note, Leaves or Gabriel can you offer some guidelines on the Soller last which looks awesome by the way. I know it is wide last but what about the length of it? Compared to Rain last are the size 10 in Soller and Rain the same length but different width? Any info would be welcome.

Check my comparison of Soller UK9,5 (nst) vs. Rain UK9

aldenwear

Reaction score
I am up for this fur boot but only in the original tan. I have a preference for commando sole, but any sole with some gripping power would be okay.

sdolina

Reaction score
Actually I didn't, UK9,5 is my normal size.
The Rain chukkas is smaller than I usually wear, but fits better than in UK9,5 (I've tried both sizes in a Hamburg shop before buying).

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok. Let me do a head count for

Group MTO Carmina derby boot

Last : Soller
Color : Dark Brown Grain
Sole : Commando soles with the storm welt

So far following members have expressed interest

sdolina
toblov
boringbear
theinsider

We would need just one more to proceed with this.

Anybody else interested

Swede66

Reaction score

Ok. Let me do a head count for

Group MTO Carmina derby boot

Last : Soller
Color : Dark Brown Grain
Sole : Commando soles with the storm welt

So far following members have expressed interest

sdolina
toblov
boringbear
theinsider

We would need just one more to proceed with this.

Anybody else interested

May be interested as well. I snatched one of the first pairs of the mid brown jumpers from SKOAB (antique tan) this Autumn and like them a lot. When temperatures now fell to -7 C I realised that I need some new warmer boot as well. This might be it.
Will visit the store asap and check them out out.
Would want something darker; burgundy (I received the GMTO of the burgundy 902 chukka a few weeks ago, very nice color) or a brown from mid brown to dark brown would do.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

May be interested as well. I snatched one of the first pairs of the mid brown jumpers from SKOAB (antique tan) this Autumn and like them a lot. When temperatures now fell to -7 C I realised that I need some new warmer boot as well. This might be it.
Will visit the store asap and check them out out.
Would want something darker; burgundy (I received the GMTO of the burgundy 902 chukka a few weeks ago, very nice color) or a brown from mid brown to dark brown would do.

Great please keep us updated. I am really looking forward this. Also if you can take pictures of Carmina grain colors that would be great too but for now the consensus is dark brown grain which I think is appropriate color for the winter boot.

Swede66

Reaction score

Great please keep us updated. I am really looking forward this. Also if you can take pictures of Carmina grain colors that would be great too but for now the consensus is dark brown grain which I think is appropriate color for the winter boot.

I have only one Carmina in grain, picture attached. It is also on SKOAB's site.
My burgundy chukka is not grain, but i attach a picture anyway.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good I think the consensus for now is to go with dark brown grain.

ers04004

Reaction score
does anyone know what fur they use for the lining?

As for leather would anyone be interested in something along this color?

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

does anyone know what fur they use for the lining?

I think it is shearling which is sheepskin or lambskin. I am waiting for Leaves to confirm this. I hope this is true, the synthetic lining would be deal breaker for me.

Baked Potato

Reaction score

Guys,
is anyone interested in group MTO of this boot. Maybe in a different grain color (burgundy or dark brown)? Different soles ridgeway? Let me know if you are interested.

On the other note, Leaves or Gabriel can you offer some guidelines on the Soller last which looks awesome by the way. I know it is wide last but what about the length of it? Compared to Rain last are the size 10 in Soller and Rain the same length but different width? Any info would be welcome.

I think this is great make-up I see you guys have almost sold out you stock.

One more question is sherling real lambswool?

I might be in for this! :)

I would prefer burgundy; although dark brown is fine. Would the boots be delivered before the end of this winter?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baked Potato,
Maybe Leaves or Gabriel can answer that question but I think the time frame is 12-16 weeks.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m glad to see this much interest in the fur lined version.

To answer BakedPotatoe's question: I'm 98% certain it's sheep lining but I have not received verification from Carmina yet. It's a natural fiber though, not synthetic.

And yes, the whole vamp and shaft is lined.

It seems like it will be a brown grain version we’re aiming for, the rest of the specs completely the same? Please e-mail [email protected] to put on the "interest list" for this model. No deposit invoices will go out until we have decided the shade of grain.

To summarize this new GMTO project:

• Carmina model 80179 Derby boot
  • Color: brown grain (exact shade to be decided)
  • Double Commando sole with storm welt
  • Soller last
  • Fur lined
  • Visible eyelets and speed hooks
  • Prize: 3040 SEK ex VAT (approx. $450) - 50% deposit required
  • Shipping: 300 SEK worldwide (approx. $45)
  • Delivery expected : mid-March

Types of grain

Either the lighter "Camel grain" finished to a darker hue, like our Grain Jumpers:

Or the "normal" dark brown grain:

There is also a rougher grain called "karrengrain" that is available in dark brown:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads