• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bonafé shealing lined chukka MTO

Hi guys.

I did a interest check for a Bonafé shearling lined chukka boot two weeks ago want to follow that up with the complete MTO idea. The lining will be in the whole shoe except the insole. Sole will be a double dainite with storm welt, think it´s the only option with a winter boot like this. Delivery time is 10-12 weeks.

The guys from Skoaktiebolaget will comment on the exact price, shipping cost, VAT deduction and sizing. Please don´t ask me.

To give you an idea how i want the boot to look here´s two pics of a JL chukka:

This Bonafé model:

On this last (363):

The color i want is Jasper (second from right):

You will have the option to have your personal message on the insole (included in price):

If you´re interested, PM me.

Cheers
Great looking chukka.

Here are some additional information about the price:
Enzo Bonafé model 3403, 363 last - Base price of a GMTO for this model is 5500 SEK inc VAT or 4400 SEK ex VAT
Hidro Jasper
Complete fur lining (except the insole) - Extra surcharge of 800 SEK inc VAT or 640 SEK ex VAT
Double Dainite soles with storm welt - Extra surcharge of 250 SEK inc VAT or 200 SEK ex VAT for Dainite soles
Personal inscription inside the insole - Free of charge
Delivery time is about 10-12 weeks, just as mentioned
Total price for this GMTO: 6550 SEK inc VAT or 5240 SEK ex VAT (about 800 USD) plus 300 SEK for worldwide shipping.

About the 363 last:
Tend to be a little higher over the instep than usual normal fitting lasts. Otherwise, it has a rounded toe box and the length of the last is true to size. With a fur lining, Bonafe will adjust the fitting and compensate, by re-inserting the last once the insole is on. Please e-mail us at [email protected] if you have any further sizing questions.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bonafé shealing lined chukka MTO

Hi guys.

I did a interest check for a Bonafé shearling lined chukka boot two weeks ago want to follow that up with the complete MTO idea. The lining will be in the whole shoe except the insole. Sole will be a double dainite with storm welt, think it´s the only option with a winter boot like this. Delivery time is 10-12 weeks.

The guys from Skoaktiebolaget will comment on the exact price, shipping cost, VAT deduction and sizing. Please don´t ask me.

To give you an idea how i want the boot to look here´s two pics of a JL chukka:

This Bonafé model:

On this last (363):

The color i want is Jasper (second from right):

You will have the option to have your personal message on the insole (included in price):

If you´re interested, PM me.

Cheers

Can you tell us EG equivalents colors of Bonafe suede? Somehow jasper is not very descriptive and general people are more familiar with EG suede colors.

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you tell us EG equivalents colors of Bonafe suede? Somehow jasper is not very descriptive and general people are more familiar with EG suede colors.
I would compare and say that Enzo Bonafé Jasper suede is very similar to Edward Green's Mink suede

aldenwear

Reaction score
Great looking chukka.

Here are some additional information about the price:
Enzo Bonafé model 3403, 363 last - Base price of a GMTO for this model is 5500 SEK inc VAT or 4400 SEK ex VAT
Hidro Jasper
Complete fur lining (except the insole) - Extra surcharge of 800 SEK inc VAT or 640 SEK ex VAT
Double Dainite soles with storm welt - Extra surcharge of 250 SEK inc VAT or 200 SEK ex VAT for Dainite soles
Personal inscription inside the insole - Free of charge
Delivery time is about 10-12 weeks, just as mentioned
Total price for this GMTO: 6550 SEK inc VAT or 5240 SEK ex VAT (about 800 USD) plus 300 SEK for worldwide shipping.

About the 363 last:
Tend to be a little higher over the instep than usual normal fitting lasts. Otherwise, it has a rounded toe box and the length of the last is true to size. With a fur lining, Bonafe will adjust the fitting and compensate, by re-inserting the last once the insole is on. Please e-mail us at [email protected] if you have any further sizing questions.
Thank you for this information. Very helpful in making a decision.

Question: This is obviously a boot to be worn in Winter. How does it make sense to make a Winter boot out of suede? Wouldn't the fact the boot is made of suede make the boot unusable for Winter in places where one gets snow and rain in Winter because the suede would ruin in seconds in snow and rain? And don't most places that get Winter cold enough to warrant a fur-lined boot also get snow and rain during the Winter? Am I missing something about this suede -- is this suede used by Bonafe as durable for snow and wet as kudu leather or something? Finally, won't this boot be hot as a motherfker indoors where there is heat?

I really like the look of this boot, but, as I said, I feel like I am missing something. It makes no sense to me.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Gabriel, what about that first color from the right? It seems to be darkest of all of them. I would prefer this boot to be very dark suede.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for this information.  Very helpful in making a decision.

Question:  This is obviously a boot to be worn in Winter.  How does it make sense to make a Winter boot out of suede?  Wouldn't the fact the boot is made of suede make the boot unusable for Winter in places where one gets snow and rain in Winter because the suede would ruin in seconds in snow and rain?  And don't most places that get Winter cold enough to warrant a fur-lined boot also get snow and rain during the Winter?  Am I missing something about this suede -- is this suede used by Bonafe as durable for snow and wet as kudu leather or something?   Finally, won't this boot be hot as a motherfker indoors where there is heat?

I really like the look of this boot, but, as I said, I feel like I am missing something.  It makes no sense to me.  

I asked those same questions. It turns out suede may make more sense than leather. Check out the video bellow.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
That nanoprotector stuff works a treat. Spilled some coke (a-cola) at the movies on my navy suede Carmina chukkas and the stuff just rolled off. It has served well in the rain and I am very confident that winter weather will pose no problem. What I'm not sure of is exactly how often re-application is needed to maintain this kind of performance, but I guess I'll find out.

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel, what about that first color from the right? It seems to be darkest of all of them. I would prefer this boot to be very dark suede.
The first suede from the right is called Moka and is very similar to EG's Mocha suede, a very dark brown suede. And your are right, it is the darkest one.

Glansholm

Reaction score

**** I should have gotten in on those Loden PTB. Those are sick

I'm happy to inform you that those were not a group MTO so you didn't reall miss out on anything. Also, I'm wearing them right now. Thank you!

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Regarding the GMTO for the Galways in Dark Oak-Mink Suede: these are arriving sometime end of next week we hope, fingers crossed.

We ordered a few extra pairs in this make up, please e-mail us if you're interested.

hanoiboy

Reaction score
Loden suede carmina jumper boot closed welt and 500 sole would be my dream suede winter boot! Maybe sheep lining?

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Thank you for this information.  Very helpful in making a decision.

Question:  This is obviously a boot to be worn in Winter.  How does it make sense to make a Winter boot out of suede?  Wouldn't the fact the boot is made of suede make the boot unusable for Winter in places where one gets snow and rain in Winter because the suede would ruin in seconds in snow and rain?  And don't most places that get Winter cold enough to warrant a fur-lined boot also get snow and rain during the Winter?  Am I missing something about this suede -- is this suede used by Bonafe as durable for snow and wet as kudu leather or something?   Finally, won't this boot be hot as a motherfker indoors where there is heat?

I really like the look of this boot, but, as I said, I feel like I am missing something.  It makes no sense to me.  

Suede is the best in those conditions. I live in Sweden and one of my got to shoes for the past three winters is a Loake suede chukka. It looks like new and the only thing i do is to spray it before the winter and then i give them a good cleaning after the season. If i wear them in slush i just rinse them under warm water when I get home.

That was my first plan but then i visited the store to compare the colors and Moka is to dark. It looks almost black. Jasper is very dark brown, i took the pics directly under a spotlight.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm happy to inform you that those were not a group MTO so you didn't reall miss out on anything. Also, I'm wearing them right now. Thank you!

Mad props dude. I hate ptb but those would be the one and only pair I would ever wear. Wear them in great health man!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would compare and say that Enzo Bonafé Jasper suede is very similar to Edward Green's Mink suede

Gabriel,

thank you. Can you do something similar for other Bonafe suede colors like you did with those for Vitello calf colors. Across the EG spectrum comparison. The suede colors are very tricky to photograph in my experience so any descriptive help is useful to us trying to determine the exact color.

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gabriel,

thank you. Can you do something similar for other Bonafe suede colors like you did with those for Vitello calf colors. Across the EG spectrum comparison. The suede colors are very tricky to photograph in my experience so any descriptive help is useful to us trying to determine the exact color.

Here is a small comparison between the suede colors and what the closest color would be from Edward Green:
6. Bonafe Hidro Moka --> EG Mocha suede
5. Bonafe Hidro Jasper --> EG Mink suede
4. Bonafe Hidro Tabacco --> Between EG Mink and Coffee suede
3. Bonafe Hidro Volpe --> EG Coffee suede
2. Bonafe Hidro Walnut --> EG Nutmeg suede
1. Bonafe Hidro Sella --> EG Nutmeg suede but the Bonafe suede is more towards beige)

Hopes this small guide helps!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads