• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I never have any issue with it,so what's the problem of doing it?

It's ethically dubious; you're skirting taxes of the country providing you with security, healthcare, and education. Other than that, nothing.

I've paid taxes on my orders but it hasn't seemed like much considering the price of the shoes compared with other sellers.

Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not a polishing expert, but I used Burgol for the first time and liked the ease of working with it and the results. Hard to find in the US, but easy enough to add to Skoak orders.
Excellent shine on those Galways!!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Original GMTO of Carmina cognac cordovan jumpers. They had some rain welts so I put on some Saphir cordovan cream. I think they're aging pretty well ... Although they don't get nearly enough wear.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a polishing expert, but I used Burgol for the first time and liked the ease of working with it and the results. Hard to find in the US, but easy enough to add to Skoak orders.

Sweet!!!

I've often wanted this version, but hesitate only because I already have the DOAK Calf\Walnut CC.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, and Dover in Black Willow (last Willow available from EG). Incoming in October.

How does this 'email to be put on the waiting list' work? Is it like a firm reservation (incl. sizing, maybe even width choice?!) or to be put on a general (early?) reminder list?

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How does this 'email to be put on the waiting list' work? Is it like a firm reservation (incl. sizing, maybe even width choice?!) or just to be put on a general (early?) reminder list?

Early reminder. We notify everyone on the waiting list first, as soon as we publish the style online. So it's a good way to snag your size before word gets out to the masses.

We then have pre-orders for some styles, this is the only way to actually reserve and be guaranteed your size. This incurs a 25% deposit.

Please email [email protected] for further questions in regards of pre-orders and waiting list.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Patrik! @Leaves

I think the pre-orders I have understood already. Am on the train for the Doak/CC Galways and Polo Suede Balmorals. Happy days.
The one item high on my wish list would be Thorpes or Nevis. Any more pre-orders or GMTOs, I might have missed, for those in the pipeline?

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Edward Green Fall pre-orders are now available.

We are now launching three pre-order styles for the coming fall season. Full details by clicking the embedded links attached to each style.

Edward Green Shannon in Coffee Suede

Edward Green Alderley in Rosewood Country Calf (picture shows Gold Delapre)

Edward Green Nevis in Dark Oak

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was quick. :)

The Nevis in Doak look somewhat darker than the Galways (Doak/CC) in pics before? Could that be?

I am so in for these. Big ♡

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That was quick. :)

The Nevis in Doak look somewhat darker than the Galways (Doak/CC) in pics before? Could that be?

I am so in for these. Big ♡

Dark Oak varies slightly from batch to batch, and lately comes out darker than before. This is a picture that is about old, about 18 years months or so. Also, the lighting is different in all three pictures. People are asked to take into consideration that colors may vary slightly IRL, and between batches.

EDIT: typo

Last edited:

jinjin1928

Reaction score
Those EGs look fantastic. Contemplating on those nevis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics