Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. loxo

loxo Senior member

You have to go into payment settings in PayPal, but its possible. They bury that screen 5-miles deep in your settings.

2. loxo

loxo Senior member

Will there be a re-stock anytime soon on the Carmina brown or black calfskin belts?

3. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Yeah, I was able to do that for my MTO deposit. I used my own CC in PayPal and it gave me the option to use PayPal's conversion rates or the CC's conversion rate. In the end, the CC conversion rate was lower but not by a heckuva lot.

4. ochong

ochong Active Member

I have looked absolutely everywhere I can seem to get to on the PayPal site and I can't figure out how to set it to use the CC conversion rate. When I checked out in the past, there was an option to do so after selecting the CC as the funding source, but that option was not visible when I checked out on either of my two recent orders.

Are you guys seeing the new PayPal interface that seems generally dumbed down? http://imgur.com/a/O7eTx
    Or the old classic interface?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

5. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

I don't believe you can change conversion options for a Discover card on PayPal, but the option to have your CC handle the conversion via the Settings/Payment Settings/Preapproved Payments/Set Available Funding Sources. A conversion options link should be beside each of the cards that you can modify the conversion options.

6. badsha

badsha Senior member

Same here, was pissing me off. I had to manually just enter my CC as if I didnt have a PayPal account. I think I got PayPal's shitty conversion rate, I didnt see the option for CC conversion rate.

Sending you a PM, just found it. Too late for me, already got raped.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I wish those Polo suede Carminas weren't posted here as I have been trying to pretend for the last month that they didn't exist

8. ochong

ochong Active Member

Ding Ding Ding - You're correct, you can't set conversion options on Discover. That's incredibly annoying.

9. badsha

badsha Senior member

When you check out, you will not see a conversion rate, but it will most likely be better than PayPal.

10. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

Agreed. I should use that as an excuse to order fewer shoes from Skoak...instead, I'm looking into getting another CC.

Anyone have any CC suggestions? Good rewards, no foreign transaction fee, etc. I'm generally happy with my Discover card, but we'll probably be doing more traveling over the next few years.

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

I find it strange that nobody bought those Alderleys before price increase and they were available in size 9. I believe this is a common size.

12. laufer

laufer Senior member

Capital One has cards without foreign transaction fees.

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Those and the last of the Shannons in the same size have been there for awhile.

People who have a size 9 UK must not like EG. LOL

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

(I posted this on the EG thread in error.)

So my sister and brother-in-law (he's English) are in Stockholm visiting my nephew who lives there. I emailed them and joking told them they should visit Skoaktiebolaget as I'd just ordered a pair of EG boots from them. My brother-in-law's response?

"Your sister is wondering why you think we might want to visit one of the most expensive shoe stores in Stockholm, in one of Europe's most expensive countries, to look at hand made shoes imported from England?" I had told him that Skoak was on (in?) Humlegårdsgatan and his response...

"Jon has been able to get a job, starting in March, working for an upmarket landscape designer in a posh part of Stockholm (clients probably shop in Humlegardsgatan)."

They are amused by my obsession with boots but definitely do not understand it.

15. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Cap 1 Visa Signature will get you 1.5% back, not a bad option.

I went for the Chase Saphire Preffered, for the travel points.

Both have no foreign transactions...