Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Agreed for me as well.

Also why I went with more fall oriented makeups. I figure there may be some additional wait with all these orders and now they can just show up whenever

2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yep, heck we're already waiting 4 to 6 months sometimes a bit more, eight days won't kill me. Yeah, and I think most of us who have been here for just a little while order our MTO shoes and boots based on the season or seasons after we anticipate getting them rather than what season it is currently. It just takes a bit of adjustment in the way you think, but once you have a bit of a decent rotation that's not that hard either.

3. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

With the prices as low as they were I just ordered what I wanted, seasons be damned.

The free shipping and no customs makes skoak a great deal even after the price increase.

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Absolutely, especially as my rotation has gotten even bigger the seasonal thing has gotten less important. But I have been doing it this way for a couple of years now and it's just worked out rather well. However your correct this was certainly a case of seasons be D***. However it just so happens that I wanted shoes and boots for fall and winter this time as well, and It is nice to be able to receive them an immediately place them in the wearing rotation.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

5. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Not me, waiting a week + for delivery is so last century, like waiting for the pony express. When I purchase an item, especially a $1k+ pair of shoes, I expect to have them ASAP in my possession, not sitting in a postal sorting office. Shoes I have purchased in the past from G. Cleverley and Fosters have arrived the next day from Europe. Now that's what I call service.

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Absolutely, different strokes for different folks. That's why I'm glad Skoak accommodated a wide variety of their customers and they've given us a number of different options.[​IMG]

Heck even when I order things from Amazon or anywhere else on the internet where I buy most of my stuff I usually opt for the free delivery rather than something that will cost me more.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

You aren't a Prime member?? Best $99 a year by far

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I can respect this 100%. Patience is not my strong suit and I would be lying if I said I didn't find the USPS wait agonizing. But the trade off is worth it to me

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Nope, but then again I don't buy that many things from Amazon evey year.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Gotcha. With 2 little ones we buy EVERYTHING from Amazon

Except shoes ;)

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Kids are grown up,out of College, and on their own.

Empty nesters.[​IMG]

For my location, the Internet has put practically everything in the world at my fingertips to include shoes.

12. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

Beautiful!

@Leaves -- any thoughts on another order of these in the near future as I'd like to have you include my size next time?

Thanks.

13. GabrielOB

GabrielOB Affiliate Vendor

This model has been ordered for a restock. Please e-mail us ([email protected]) to be placed on the waiting list for the time being.

14. badsha

badsha Senior member

15. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

The USPS service is horrible, irresponsible and disorganized to say the least. Back in January I ordered 2 items from a company who only ships Royal Mail. Now they shipped the items separately, mailed the same day from London. The both packages cleared customs on the same day, and dispatched from the NYC sorting office. The one package arrived 2 days later, the other package was sent to Atlanta... Nowhere near my location. It then sat in the Atlanta sorting office for 3 days before being dispatched. Of course, it was a Friday so it then sat over the weekend, and 7 days after the first package arrived the second one showed-up. That's another reason I try to avoid dealing the USPS. I understand that European postal services are much more efficient than ours.