• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tallcane

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on an Chestnut hatch grain Isham. No more MTOs for a while. I'm out. :slayer:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't even gotten my first pair of EG, but I've already caught the fever! Jumped on the DOAK Galway over the weekend and just put in an order for the Westminster. Seems to be a lot of similar stories in this thread recently. Thanks, Skoak!

Haven't even gotten my first pair of EG, but I've already caught the fever! Jumped on the DOAK Galway over the weekend and just put in an order for the Westminster. Seems to be a lot of similar stories in this thread recently. Thanks, Skoak!
Two marvelous choices, Congrats!!!

Just pulled the trigger on an Chestnut hatch grain Isham. No more MTOs for a while. I'm out.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
That sounds awesome, Congrats.

So I take it your done for the month? LOL

Tallcane

Reaction score

Two marvelous choices, Congrats!!!

That sounds awesome, Congrats.

So I take it your done for the month? LOL
I like your thinking. That puts me me back in play in two days. Hah. There is only so much I can hide from my wife.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like your thinking. That puts me me back in play in two days. Hah. There is only so much I can hide from my wife.

See, first problem solved already.

Now, if you come back next month I'll help you with problem number two. LOL

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't realize you guys were doing a re-fill on the Laughton. I may need to get in on that before the price hike . . .

Any advice on sizing of the 890? I take a half size smaller on the 202/606 compared to my 888/82. I've read some folks say to do the same with the 890, but I saw your earlier post @Leaves that said 890 fits like the 888/82. For what it is worth, I have some trouble with longer lasts (the 82/888 is fine, but any longer would be too long in the toes; MH71 was too long for me), and I am leaning towards getting this in my 202/606 size. Is 890 width closer to 202 (I find it a little roomy) or 82 (I find a tad narrow).

When I was fit in October on the 890, it was the first time an EG shoe fit my foot. I found the fit fairly similar to the TG73 and was the same size in both. Neither the 202 or the 888 fit my feet, so I might not be the best comparison, but just wanted to relay my person experience with the last.

Exdeath

Reaction score
I've got a DOak Galway and the Bonafe MTO (804 jodhpur in Etrusco calf with a medallion toe and chained norvegese) coming in in Aug - can't wait. It's an addiction for sure

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gaziano & Girling Oakham is confirmed and online, note that orders must be placed before end of day today February 27 to take advantage of old pricing.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/gmto-deposit-g-g-oakham

Special thanks to @badsha and also my main man @member2000r, you know why. And also, everyone else participating in this GMTO.

Last edited:

Pbayvip

Reaction score
Damn those Swedes…..

did you really have to go with Laughton nightshade refill preorder now, tempting me to buy one more pair before the price increase?

I think I am losing count on all the shoes I have ordered this month… galways, laughtons and carmina u-wing on preorder, and I still have to receive those burgundy chukkas, liverano tie and some brushes….

End of February and the year's budget for shoes is blown already…..

Increase the prices already so we can all get some rest!

member2000r

Reaction score

Me and Gabriel are going to Italy Monday-Wednesday for a purchase trip, we also look forward to some R&R (if we are lucky!). :D
bring liverano to HK to have a bespoke for me!

When you go France, bring cifornelli please...

Last edited:

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So do all orders before the price increase need to be made by Feb 27?

jrb666

Reaction score
Gaziano & Girling Oakham is confirmed and online, note that orders must be placed before end of day today February 27 to take advantage of old pricing.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/gmto-deposit-g-g-oakham

Special thanks to @badsha and also my main man @member2000r , you know why. And also, everyone else participating in this GMTO.

Done, dusted and paid in full.

Very happy to be able to participate in this GMTO for all sorts of reasons.

Price is great.

Plus, and this is one of the benefits of this forum, I wouldn't necessarily have picked this for myself if left to my own devices, but as with the Burnham, having seen the pic, I fell in love with it.

Kudos to those who drove it and got it over the line before the price hike, in particular @badsha .

And lastly, a thank you to Gabriel at Skaoktiebolaget for his excellent service throughout February.

That's my 3rd G&G MTO for the month. I'm now gonna breathe out and take a break.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just pulled the trigger on an Chestnut hatch grain Isham. No more MTOs for a while. I'm out. :slayer:

Wow, I was just discussing that possible MTO with someone. Were you eavesdropping?
1f604.png

Can't wait to see it. I think Fox suede would look killer on the Isham, maybe even GG06 last.

I need to wait for a few MTOs before I can put up yet another. Ugh, this game...

CFML

Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics