• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grrr...if this is a tactic to get me to order more...IT'S WORKING :laugh:

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We actually have this incoming in April or something like that. It's a heavy stitch split toe, this is the style, but in Polo Suede.

i'm in on that one but am wondering how the heavy stitch would turn out in noix suede

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought we were speaking about Bonafé. Bonafé makes about 25 pairs/week but StC makes about 30 pairs a week. Or so I've heard.
happy.gif

Regarding Bonafé, I think you confused it with "a day". I'm pretty sure they make around 6000 pairs a year, which means about 125 pairs a week, or 25 pairs a day (this including those for other brands).

Great that you'll bring in St Crispins as well now!

Edit: Realised St C might still just be guesses from forum members, might have confused responses a bit.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Regarding Bonafé, I think you confused it with "a day". I'm pretty sure they make around 6000 pairs a year, which means about 125 pairs a week, or 25 pairs a day (this including those for other brands).

Great that you'll bring in St Crispins as well now!

Edit: Realised St C might still just be guesses from forum members, might have confused responses a bit.

I think you're right man!

StC who?

striker

Reaction score
I know it's just the start of the year but I think the salesman of the year award has already been decided. Damn. Some people just know how to turn up the heat, I am not giving out names though.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know it's just the start of the year but I think the salesman of the year award has already been decided. Damn. Some people just know how to turn up the heat, I am not giving out names though.

Just remember you can't possibly believe everything you read on the Internet. LOL

Although it does appear in this case it just may very well be true.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy smokes... 25% is like $225. Gonna have to stock up.

Reaction score

Would anyone be interested in a Carmina GMTO for a split-toe derby in polo suede? This style (sans crepe sole; I'm leaning towards a double danite sole): (Photo courtesy: leaves) In this colour: In view of the new stock of Carmina's tan split-toe derby, would @Leaves please educate us on the different styles of split-toe derby that Carmina offers?
I am interested. Sunff suede, leather or danite sole also fine for me. May I know the last?

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A note on the upcoming price increase.

As many of you are aware of, we are increasing prices on March 1st. Because the £ (GBP) has increased to a very high level compared to the Swedish Krona (SEK) we will be forced to increase prices more than we anticipated before. On top of that we have the annual price increase from the UK makers that usually comes at the beginning of each year. To sum it up I've compiled this list.

• Gaziano & Girling increase about 25%
  • Edward Green increase about 20%
  • Carmina Shoemaker increase about 3%
  • Enzo Bonafé increase about 3%

Still, as you now, the SEK is very weak right now, so it's not like we're actually increasing prices that much for you guys outside of Sweden, it's more like going back to normal price levels.

Can you remind me again if we're locked into a unit price on pre-orders? If I paid $200 of a $1000 for an EG boot a couple of months ago, am I looking at paying $1,000 soon or $800?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can you remind me again if we're locked into a unit price on pre-orders? If I paid $200 of a $1000 for an EG boot a couple of months ago, am I looking at paying $1,000 soon or $800?

Pre-orders are price locked. The total price quoted on the page is the total price you will pay in SEK, regardless if the USD/GBP/SEK gains or loses.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are permanent stock items able to be ordered at the regular price. I.E. a chelsea black calf on the 82 last?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are permanent stock items able to be ordered at the regular price. I.E. a chelsea black calf on the 82 last?

Only in stock items and the current pre-orders are available. Single MTOs must be placed and deposit paid before 18.00 CET Friday to have old pricing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads