Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Gabriel suggested 8F or 8.5E, leaning toward 8F for me because the 82 last is a little longer than the Carmina lasts in the "equivalent" size. I do think 8.5E is probably the safer choice since it's a boot. I've personally found that I haven't had issues with boots being slightly big, but I can't deal with boots/shoes that are too tight.

BTW, if I pull the trigger on the Galway, it would be the second pair of EG's I pre-ordered (already pre-ordered a pair of Shanklins) without ever having tried on a pair of EGs. Pretty crazy. :p

Thanks again!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015

2. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

I sized down half from rain for both Detroit and Soller. Very comfortable fit for me. You should be okay.

3. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Well you don't if I got your size.

4. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Grain of salt, this is all very new to me. I wear a Carmina Forest 9.5UK and I went with 9.5UK in the Galways. Skoak rec width F..

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

First outing for the Mahogany CC Nevis:

[​IMG]

Just superb out of the box comfort - it's not every boot you can unpack and wear for a full day with zero issues. The day isn't over yet, but there is no doubt at all that my feet will feel great at the end of it all.

One downside - the laces are useless - it's like they are frictionless - you cinch things up nice and snucg, and within 5 minutes of walking they have loosened noticeably. After 15 minutes they are all but undone. Must have laced up 5 times already today.

Fortunately, this is an easy and inexpensive fix. I'm sure I have second set Carmina laces that will work a treat.

6. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

@RogerP I had the same problem with some C&Js. Watch this video and try it out. Now I tie all my shoes like this and pretty much never have a laces problem.

7. laufer

laufer Senior member

Would you look at that Carmina Polo Suede. Anybody interested in 5 eyelet chukka on the Rain last in Polo Suede.

[​IMG]

8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Interesting - I have a dim recollection of seeing something like this before. Still don't know why the problem would present on this particular pair and not on the umpteen other shoes and boots that I regularly wear. But I will give it a try - if it works, then it will be the easiest and cheapest fix of all. Cheers.

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Brannock: 8E (wide, high instep)
    Rain: 7Uk (snug!), prefer 7.5 UK
    MH71: 7F (perfect)
    82: 7.5E (perfect)
    202: 7.5E (perfect)

Generally speaking, you can equate a 7F to a 7.5E in terms of fit, so down in width, up half a size.

MH71 and Rain lasts are perfect fits for me. I size up on Rain and prefer to wear a thicker sock for something like a Chelsea boot, whose elastic might give some more wiggle room.

Edit:

IMO, if a recommendation for two lasts of the same maker is to "size down from X last for Y" I wouldn't use the adjusted size for X.

Example:

A Rain derby is almost too snug for me, but otherwise perfect width and length. I prefer to size up for comfort (adjusted size) to a 7.5UK.

One rec for the Soller last has been to size down half from Rain. I sized down from my adjusted Rain size (7.5) to a 7UK for the Soller, and the boots are very loose fitting. Next time, I'll go down a half size (6.5UK) from my snug fit on Rain (7UK)

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015

10. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Those are spectacular - no spoiler so the glory is there for all to see. I think mahogany is so underrated.

11. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Or a U-wing in polo suede? That is a bee-ootiful color.

12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I appreciate the information guys. I'm leaning toward 8.5E. Should be pulling the trigger soon.

13. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

makes sense to me again.

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Wow, that's sweet. I'd prefer it in bal boot form like the EG Shannon, but this is pretty close to the suede boot I've been looking for.

I don't see it on Skoak IG. Where did you get this pic?

15. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Killer. Who's taking the photos though?