Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Patrik: Any comments on the relative finish of G&G and Carmina hatchgrain?

2. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Carmina finishes their hatchgrain by themselves. I don't know the process. It looks very nice (not as nice as G&G but that cannot be expected). But I'm very happy with the outcome of these. Because they are so new we have not yet had any feedback from clients who have worn them in the wild yet.

3. Leaves

Let's get this GMTO started guys. The U-tip boot did not get traction so we'll try with this one, we had five interested in this model before. Style: Wingtip boot Model number: 80277 Last: Rain Color: Dark Cognac Shell Cordovan Welt: Flat Outsole: Single Dainite Eyelets: 8 (4 blind, 4 speed hooks) Lining: purple Price: 4700 SEK including worldwide shipping (ex VAT) approx. $720. Deposit: 50%. Please e-mail [email protected] if you're interested. Please provide your UK size in Rain, your PayPal e-mail address and a shipping address. EDIT: corrected dollar exchange rate.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

4. calidist

calidist Senior member

Any chance this can be done with a double dainite instead of single. If so, I'm in. Single sole doesn't work for my finicky feet.

5. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Thanks for the info about the hatchgrain. So, is the idea of the u-cap boot dead?

6. Noroi

Noroi Member

This is a great model. We should easily be able to get enough people for this (perhaps we already have?), especially given the interest I saw in the last few weeks.

7. Leaves

If this isn't a deal breaker for anyone else, I can't see why not. But we'll have to see what the others have to say.

8. Leaves

I'd say postponed more than dead. :) I think we never got past 3 participants expressing interest.

9. calidist

calidist Senior member

Sounds good. Those other folks who intend to participate in this MTO, are you opposed to a double dainite sole instead of a single dainite sole? I need the double to participate and help make this MTO happen.

10. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I'd need to see photos and/or read more information. In my imagination, any extra thickness resulting from double anything would detract from a modern, elegant, chiselled last like the Rain.

I'd have less hesitation with such a sole on a jumper boot or a chukka on some last with a rounder toe (e.g. Oscar).

11. calidist

calidist Senior member

I don't think it makes a significant visual difference, though it does make a significant comfort difference. Skoak's website has plentiful exemplars of both double (e.g. http://skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-861-burgundy-calf) and single dainite (e.g. http://skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-748-brown-calf) soles.

12. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

I'd be interested in a U-cap boot but I'd like to see how the Oscar GMTO boots fit first.

13. Barcelona

Barcelona Member

I'm not interested in this particular MTO, but what exactly is the difference between dainite and double dainite?

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Just my opinion but I think there's a noticeable difference between double leather and double Dainite and that double leather would be a better match for the Rain last. Compare the burgundy boot that you linked to from Skoak with the one below from Epaulet (and I'm trying to ignore the welt when I compare the Skoak boot). And if the group wants Dainite in some form, single seems like a better match.

Since we're essentially having the same conversation here and in the Gentlemen's Footwear thread, and you have legit feet issues, I should say that I'm only going to join one of the two and would prefer the wingtip to the captoe. (Though my first choice would be the u-cap.)

If I have a chance maybe I'll set up a Google form to see if we can sort out what everyone's preferences are.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

15. calidist

calidist Senior member

If it is between double dainite, single dainite, and double leather, my preference is:
    double dainite > double leather > single dainite