Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Green utah:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Debating a dover in this or navy utah. Maybe brown to be safe. But not supposed to buy any shoes this year

2. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Curse you, @RogerP - you were the straw that broke my back. gonna order em.. Thanks for the quick reply, buddy

3. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

The green Utah does not look all that green in the photos above. I am sure it is cool in person. Honestly, this style is pretty ubiquitous in brown, and green shoes seem to be your thing. I say get whatever you will wear or enjoy more.

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah it's a bit hard to photograph, in most lights it would be considered black or a dark brown

And leaning torwards navy at the moment as you said, pretty available in brown

5. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

FYI had to be on computer and has to be a visa Mastercard.

6. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Awesome. Thanks for spear heading this. I heard end of Feb. But I could be wrong..

7. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

And for those of you who have seen Kingsman, we all know what the royal family of Sweden likes! For those of you who haven't, see it; the film is fantastic.

8. sdaltonpetillo

sdaltonpetillo Member

Yep an email to them confirmed it would take place March 1st, but the biggest price increases would be for the British brands, not carmina or Enzo as much.

No problem! I'm pretty set in this style for a black grain leather so I'm hoping that we can find 6 people total otherwise I'm going to suck up the mto charge and go for it. But I think we will be alright.

Eyelet preferences? I'm thinking gunmetal or black.

Speed hooks? I say Yay.

Victory sole.

Inside lining? Haven't thought about this yet, I need to find out the options...

9. yanagi

yanagi Senior member

I dunno if Paypal's interface isn't standardized. Here's a step by step:

1. My default is always an eCheck from my checking account. You can see that PayPal lists their rate as 1 USD to 8.19 SEK, which is way, way, way below the current market rate of 1 to ~8.41.

[​IMG]

2. I change payment methods from eCheck to credit card. Now you can see the "Other Conversion Options" below the conversion rate.

[​IMG]

3. Pick the "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice" option. You won't see the exchange rate, but it'll be your bank's rate, and it'll almost always be better than Paypal's. In my experience, it was ~8.3 SEK to 1 USD.

[​IMG]

10. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

11. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Gunmetal or black sounds good. GM sounds a bit better..
    def speedys
    victory
    inside lining - something cool with a splash of color? anything other than brown would be great..

please keep me posted!

12. joiji

joiji Senior member

Any interest in doing a EB black shell jumper? For those that opted out of the Frankenstitch because of the heavy stitching, this might be more suitable? At 7200SEK, it should only be ~100USD more expensive than an identical boot from Carmina, around 850USD, or 1100AUD, in my local currency.

Would be looking for something for winter, personally, so double danite soles, flat welt, top half speedhooks. Last is somewhat flexible, we'll have to do some research into what would suit.

13. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ I'd be interested, but I have two EB boots on order and need to see how sizing and lasts play out before I order a third.

14. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I'm interested.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

+1. It really doesn't work for me. With that said, I do want another pair of shell boots so I'm keeping my powder dry for the next shell offering