• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tallcane

Reaction score
So, I think I have decided that my last purchase before the price increase will be a MTO EG Ullswater (my first MTO). I want this to be a casual shoe for wearing with jeans and chinos for casual Friday and weekend dinners and preferably wearable year around. But, I don't want the shoe to be clunky and I don't really need it for foul weather as I live in North Florida. I want this shoe to be in a mid to mid-dark brown but I don't want it to dark. I think that EG Walnut is to dark.

I am in awe of the design skills shown by many on this thread so I am throwing this out here to gather suggestions on how I can make this shoe awesome. I am currently thinking of Mahogany Country Calf. Maybe no storm welt. Dainite sole.

Any design suggestions? Other thoughts? Thanks for your help in advance.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, I think I have decided that my last purchase before the price increase will be a MTO EG Ullswater (my first MTO). I want this to be a casual shoe for wearing with jeans and chinos for casual Friday and weekend dinners and preferably wearable year around. But, I don't want the shoe to be clunky and I don't really need it for foul weather as I live in North Florida. I want this shoe to be in a mid to mid-dark brown but I don't want it to dark. I think that EG Walnut is to dark.

I am in awe of the design skills shown by many on this thread so I am throwing this out here to gather suggestions on how I can make this shoe awesome. I am currently thinking of Mahogany Country Calf. Maybe no storm welt. Dainite sole.

its a lovely and under rated shoe

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the Bonafe MTO email. 120 single MTOs! That's pretty awesome! This thread should be amazing when those start rolling in, although it sounds like that will be a few weeks later than originally thought. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Tallcane

Reaction score
To be frank Rydenfan, I was inspired by your Willow version and by some of the Mahogany CC pictures I found over in the EG thread. This shoe seems very versatile.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would recommend HAF leather soles without storm welt. HAF soles less clunky than Dainite.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dddress did DpprDr kop the Gazzy Arrans??

Nope! Although I'd REALLY like a pair of Arrans. I'm at that bitter-sweet stage where I passed on the Thorpes. I really like the boots although my numerous boots (not to mention the upcoming tax time) halted my desire to pick it up.

Was hoping @Ironist will pick it up, wear them a couple of times, then decide to pass them on to me. :slayer:

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the Bonafe MTO email. 120 single MTOs! That's pretty awesome! This thread should be amazing when those start rolling in, although it sounds like that will be a few weeks later than originally thought. Thanks for keeping us updated.
I haven't received one - is this something sent to all those who placed orders in Jan? I'll keep a look out.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the email too. The wait time is not my concern, I have a three pairs on order I can wait be it 12,16 or 22 weeks these are first world problems.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I think you are on the right track so far with mahogany CC. Maybe one of the Utah leather would be great, too. Dainite and flat welt will keep the chunk down, but still make it versatile. I would check out the Delapre leathers if you don't necessarily want a grain. Or like I said the Utah is a nice subtle scotch grain.

Last edited:

Monty L

Reaction score
Just testing the waters in light of this shell talk. Is anybody interested in an EB GMTO for - single monk in something like whisky or cigar shell? Here's the image I pulled offline:

So I'm thinking...
363 last (looks like that's the one shown)
Shell (negotiable on shade of brown)
Red goat lining
Handwelted single leather sole with flush taps

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads