• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Leaves I saw the Carmina quarter brogue (10051) in black under the New Arrivals. Any plans for this model in brown?

We have this on restock incoming soon: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-modern-classic-in-brown
And we have the proper 10051 with medallion in stock now: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-semi-brogue-brown (restock for this placed but incoming later)

I think they will be awesome! This complete my Frankentrinity with saddle, burgundy and black Frankenstitchs. I think I'll call it quits for now with 5 carmina jumpers 8)

That's quite the line up.

You can replace speed hooks with eyelets on Option1 level MTO. 

I was told "no"...at least on the Galway.

It seems I've heard this kind of thing from EG before. Sounds like EG changes policy ever so often and or they don't always have standard response to some questions. 

This needs to be confirmed. Sounds like MTO 1 to me but there could have been a change recently.

Anyone know the deadline for the Thorpe pre-order? I think it's the 12th in Sweden in like 4 hours

Closing tomorrow.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems I've heard this kind of thing from EG before. Sounds like EG changes policy ever so often and or they don't always have standard response to some questions.

Come to think about it, since they provide so much flexibility to begin with it's a surprise you don't hear more conflicting information.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I.... I just placed an order for Nevis in brandy pin grain, I am so weaaaaaaaaaaak :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I.... I just placed an order for Nevis in brandy pin grain, I am so weaaaaaaaaaaak :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If they don't work out, you know who wears the same size and will take them off your hands.....this guy.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I.... I just placed an order for Nevis in brandy pin grain, I am so weaaaaaaaaaaak
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

It's not a Galway, but I certainly wouldn't question this order either.

Sounds fabulous.

So at a rate of one per day until the end of the month, what's next? LOL

Last edited:

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hilarious. Those will be cool.

If something is permanent stock from EG that is carried by Skoak, but is needed in a different width (D) than what Skoak carries in stock, can it be purchased at the current price or not? Thanks

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If something is permanent stock from EG that is carried by Skoak, but is needed in a different width (D) than what Skoak carries in stock, can it be purchased at the current price or not? Thanks

Yes, but it has to be a minimum of three pairs (different widths are ok) of the exact same make up. Also, any style from the EG permanent stock can be made up in a different width without a surcharge. Check out this link (at the bottom) for a list of EG permanent stock:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/edward-green-made-to-order

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bertel

Reaction score
X-post fom the 'Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes' thread:

Just fyi - placed the following MTO today:

Enzo Bonafé Double Monk
Last: 946
Upper leather: Vitello Nero (Black calf)
Size/width: UK 10, E width
Construction/Sole: Black "Fondo chiuso" sole with Blake construction (slim waist)
Lining: Red Goat Lining

I have for some while now obsessed over the thought that the 946 last would make the perfect last for a mean, lean, chiseled Darth Vader like Black Double Monk, even more so when paired with fire red lining. I generally find the Bonafé welt/sole much too protruding, excessive and clunky (for dress shoes, not for boots!), so since Bonafé is one of the very few manufacturers that offer a high-quality Blake construction, I have happily chosen this slim black and very Italian option that I love for decades now (just look at the slim sole lines on this boot to see what I mean: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/Bonafe-Button-Boot-Peccary-01_1024x1024.jpg )

@Skoaktiebolaget , thank you so much for your wonderful guidance and support with this!

Now the wait...

X-post fom the 'Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes' thread:

It has arrived - at Skoaktiebolaget yet, and hopefully soon at my door:

jkater1

Reaction score

Flat welt, yes. I am personally not a fan of derby boots with blind eyelets. For me, exposed eyelets all the way.

That's going to be awesome. Reminds me of:

No welts and all blind eyelets. I think you're fine with dark metal eyelets. Shannons and Galways have them.

Thanks for input. Going to go Cloud/exposed eyelets/flat welt.

Any thoughts on the 202 over the 606 for the Nevis?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics