1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

The wholecut in the new last is calling my name since someone snag the Sinatra in 6.5E already...

Would have jumped on the Nevis/Thorpe group too but I'm controlling myself

2. Ironist

Ironist Distinguished Member

It wasn't me, mine are in 6E and actually too tight on me lol. You can re-order it since it's out of stock for 50% deposit I believe.

Just jump on the Thorpe bro, it's 25% down and it won't be here until Fall 2015. It's like they built the wait in so you could make good on your promise to control and hold yourself back for 7.5 months and still get one in your size :D.

What good would it do to not buy anything for 7.5 months and then spend $300 more on the same thing? Isn't that more fiscally irresponsible lol.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

3. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

Oak or cedar!

4. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

Of course. But it also depends on how many shoes you already own. Imo, a green shoe would be good if I didn't have gaps for staples.

5. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

Now that we have >6 people confirmed for the Carmina 5 eyelet chukka (Model 905) in snuff suede on dainite, it's time to hammer out the details. We are moving over to the Skoaktiebolaget topic instead of PMs to get this done faster and welcome outside opinions.

The last thing we need to figure out is the lining and either single or double dainite sole. Anyone else is free to chime in and/or join.

Confirmed:
    @Faster @New Shoes1 @cbtaylor @sarteaga @ScottMC Myself, and 2 Non SFers

Interested:
    @TweedyProf @CanadaCal

Edit: First to 4 votes wins.

Lining:
    Faster - Red
    New Shoes1 - prefers not red, votes for purple, black, green, or brown
    sarteaga - Red or Green
    ScottMC - Red
    Non SFer A- Prefers purple over red but no real preference
    Non SFer B - Purple
    TweedyProf - Purple or Green
    thehaven22 - Purple
    cbtaylor - Purple
    Gabriel of Skoak also suggests Purple

Dainite (Double or Single):
    thehaven22 - Single but either works
    New Shoes1 - Single
    Non SFer A - Single

I am interested in organizing a Carmina suede chukka GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget's program. I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.

These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is:
    Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka
    [​IMG]
    Last: Rain
    Sole: Dainite
    Leather: Snuff suede
    Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015

6. mcl911

mcl911 Senior Member

I guess it will end up me and you. Wanna find three more people? My girlfriend would join if g&g make women's size

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Thanks for organizing. I'm fine with any lining color, other than red. Green might be an interesting choice.

I'm with you on single Danite sole. Below is a picture of our GMTO on a single Danite sole that I think looks great (not snuff suede, though). I checked with the owner of this make-up and he thought a double Danite sole would be too clunky for the Rain last, and I tend to agree.

[​IMG]

8. thehaven22

Do you have something against red lining? [​IMG]

9. nickrut

nickrut Distinguished Member

I'll agree w that.

10. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Distinguished Member

... deleted

11. mcl911

mcl911 Senior Member

I am sorry nickrut, I think gable in black will be the best for me

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

It's just a very bright color to pair with a very light color suede. For some inexplicable reason, I also tend to associate red lining with women's shoes.

13. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I'm not sure I get to vote yet but green and purple for lining. Maybe a quarter vote?

Does anyone have pics of the red or green? Epaulet has had purple in their Carminas and I quite like it.

Anyway discount my thoughts until I commit!

14. thehaven22

Yeah, I was thinking late comers get a slightly weaker vote. Sorry!

Here is red: http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/...fe-official-affiliate-thread/615#post_6577481
    Purple: http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/04/carmina-the-review.html

I don't have pictures of green, but I'm interested in seeing it too. I'm starting to think Carmina doesn't offer a green lining... I would be fine with red, but I want to hear some more opinions before I commit and bring the lining discussion to an end.

I'm itching to wrap up the details of the shoe. Organizing a GMTO is exhausting! It'll be worth it for this great makeup though.

15. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Fwiw I had a pair of white suede chukkas from trickers where the red was visible though the suede. I wouldn't go red on a lighter colored suede