• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Deets on this one, please? I might be in, depending on the details.

Have that Frankenstitch derby. Gorgeous shoe, but that sole is super stuff and still hasn't broken in for me. Would rather have single Dainite, Tomir, or Ridgeway for something like that.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have that Frankenstitch derby. Gorgeous shoe, but that sole is super stuff and still hasn't broken in for me. Would rather have single Dainite, Tomir, or Ridgeway for something like that.
I don't think they are interested in that derby, only the NST.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All my dudes sent great vibes. Just saw that my shoes cleared customs and are in San Jose. Hopefully they are here tomorrow!

I am not thanking anyone except my bros for those vibes.

Good news indeed.

Do wonder why they got stuck though?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess, it's always possible it was just a mistake.

True I guess it had never happened before so I thought I would ask

Customs were probably 'mirin your shoes brah.

Hahaha I hope they put it back together the exact same way. Theres nothing better than opening a shoe box and its brand spanking new from the manufacturer.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

True I guess it had never happened before so I thought I would ask
Hahaha I hope they put it back together the exact same way. Theres nothing better than opening a shoe box and its brand spanking new from the manufacturer.

Not exactly new, we used them in an ancient occult Viking fertility tradition, but they should be ok. :) Wear in good health.

Now it's time to wake up the kids. I was enjoying reading the newspaper in serene silence for once. Here comes the chaos.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not exactly new, we used them in an ancient occult Viking fertility tradition, but they should be ok. :) Wear in good health.

Now it's time to wake up the kids. I was enjoying reading the newspaper in serene silence for once. Here comes the chaos.

Lol my excitement cannot be contained. Not only are they magnificent shoes but they also have history behind them :rotflmao:

Keen

Reaction score
Lol my excitement cannot be contained. Not only are they magnificent shoes but they also have history behind them
rotflmao.gif

Any residual white stains are only Saphir Reno that wasn't polished in properly. Just rub it in...

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Carmina owners

Can anyone comment on the colors/saturation etc. of snuff, tobacco and fox suede? Reddish versus greenish in tone?

Side by side pics would be great if you have two or more of these make-ups. Show off your shoes!

Thanks.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
March 1 price increase

An update on this. Just got notified by Edward Green that they are also looking to increase their prices, this will go into effect end of this week. But we will honor any quotes and prices until end of this month. Because of the currency exchnage rates and the G&G and EG price increase, we are looking at an increase in pricing for about 13-15% (!). So you guys send through your orders if you want to take advantage of the old pricing.

Enzo Bonafé & Carmina increase: about 3-4%
Edward Green and Gaziano & Girling increase: about 13-15%.

We have a small restock of Edward Green staple incoming before the price increase, as well as some G&G staple that might make it before the increase.

Last edited:

striker

Reaction score
Damn, i was waiting for some G&G monkstraps, i may have to settle for the Westminster instead.

thehaven22

Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to remind people of this GMTO because we have changed some of the details; in particular the suede color and sole are more defined now.
I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.

These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is variable, but here is the initial plan:
Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka

Last: Rain
Sole: Dainite
Leather: Snuff suede
Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship. This price depends on the currency exchange rate at the time of order.

We need 6 people total to do a GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget, and so far we have 4 confirmed. Let me know if you want in on this makeup or if you have any further questions, but the link to Skoaktiebolaget's GMTO program should answer most questions. For fit questions, it is best to email Skaoktiebolaget directly, but I've found sizing down 1-1.5 from your Brannock works for Rain lasted chukkas. I'm looking forward to getting this GMTO off the ground.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads