Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks man. Much appreciated

3. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Both are great but I love the Galway. But then again the willow looks fantastic here. Let's just all say that both are great! No winner or we will have more fights on here. Haha

4. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Visited SkoAB this weekend. A pleasure as always. Took advantage of their Enzo Bonafè offering and ordered a pair in Plum museum on the 946-last based on the 3817 model but with the Mantegna medallion. Looking forward to receive it.

Model:
    [​IMG]

Medallion:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015

5. Kayl

Kayl New Member

I Assume that when it says GY-welted in my specification of the EB order it means the shoe is handwelted ?

6. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

All hail to heather gorse. All hail to heather gorse.

Bought from Skoak a pair of the heather gorse galways with the shearling lining in the shaft. Wasn't sure what the point of shearling lining on the shaft was when I joined the MTO. Really wasn't sure what the point was when I received the boots and saw them in real life. As great as the boots looked, I was afraid that I would never where them because while I live in a place with Winters that are reoutinely 6 months long and when often three months can offer never-ending snow and cold, I spend most of my time indoors in offices or courts and wondered if the boots would be too hot to ever wear.

We are now in the midst of a 14 hour snow fall that has, so far, dumped 10 inches of snow and the forecasts are for 6 inches more before it ends. I had to walk through this snow for 30 minutes earlier today and have been in and out of it all day.

I turned to the heather gorse galways for the job. After my half hour trek, my coat and pants about half way up to my knees were wet with melted snow. Snow and wet were all over the heather gorse, with, however, the water beading on the leather like it was not even there.

My feet were dry as if I had just come in from the Mojave Desert. Now I get the point of the shearling-lined galways: they keep out the snow and wet from the inside of the boots. And, with the heather gorse, your boots look damn good in doing the job.

The heather gorse galways are great looking boots. But their beauty is enhanced by how well they work.

I know the heather gorse is not available, but I highly recommend the rosewood country calf version, or the mohogany country calf version Skoak has planned for later in the year.

I am patting myself on the back for taking this plunge.

All hail.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

8. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

pics please. was this a single MTO?

9. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Really? Of snow-covered boots?

I have not posted pics here before and dont know that I know how to do that. Most here will not think that an excuse since they do it all of the time, but I have not - I know how to email pics, but not into a specific thread on a website.

If I can figure it out without a lot of effort -- I have weather with which to deal, a bitchin' packer brisket smoking in the smoker that I am tending, all-too-frequent snow shoveling duties that I must do, a video-game playing pre-teen son who I am trying to guide and trying to teach to, among other things, help his Old Man, and laundry to do -- I will post after the next foray outside.

10. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

No, this was a group made to order from Skoak. One of the many great ones Skoak has organized.

There is usually another Word associated with this particular Group Made to Order. I am trying hard not to say the word. That Word. Because saying That Word tends to unleash an unholy torrent of exclamations that make it seem that this board has been taken over by Turret's Syndrome sufferers: a ferocious, unseemly and terrifying flood of wails.

So I will not say That Word.

11. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Maybe plain was a poor choice of words. The Galways are awesome, probably look even better outdoors in natural light and I'll probably order one myself. However, the Ullswaters in Brandy Willow just look so different from anything else EG offers and the welt just makes it look even more special. Pretty gutsy ordering something like that when nothing like that existed before. I'm probably just sour because I will never get to a chance to obtain a pair of brandy willow. They are simply, more awesome. Bravo. Your natural soles me think I should have ordered all my shoes with a natural edge.

12. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

My feet are naturally very warm and shearling lined boots keep them waaaaay too warm indoors. I tried on such a pair of Santonis in a local shop and within 5 minutes wanted them off in the worst way.

But that's me. For those who benefit from such lining you could not hope to do better than a heather gorse Galway. My Zugs have become my fave pair overall.

Now a another quick round of shoveling bfore kickoff.

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Skoak did a GMTO for heather gorse galways with shearling lining?

14. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Likely a mistake in terms. GMTO vs single MTO. Just my educated guess...

15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

He says he "Wasn't sure what the point of shearling lining on the shaft was when I joined the MTO" which seems strange if you are doing your own single MTO.