Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Stuck at 4, unfortunately. Leaves, any chance a local customer would be interested in being our fifth?

2. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

LoKey, in addition to having bought the same pair of wholecuts, we apparently have almost the same feet, so your sizing on the Bonafes is helpful (I like the look of the 946 and will make a purchase at some point). I'm 9.5EEE AE 5 last, 10E AE others, 9.5 UK Rain. If helpful, I'm 9.5 EG 202, which is even more comfortable than the Carminas.

3. LoKey

LoKey Senior member

Uh oh.

I. Did. Not. Need. To. Know. My. Sizing. In. EG. I just learned that the MH71 in GG might be a good fit too. Sigh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I have a Galway in this make-up (Bronze/Black CC). I also have a Doak/Walnut CC Galway (old Doak). I have various other Doak and Bronze models, but, on the whole, I have more Doak (simply an overall more versatile color, IMO). However, for the Galway - if pressed hard enough - I just might say I prefer the Bronze model. :hide: :D

5. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I would like to have the bronze model some day.

6. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Thanks for the info. Are they different enough to justify both?

7. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Yes. Duh!

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

IMO, yes. Bronze Antique is a much darker brown than Doak (at least the old Doak).

9. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Bronze is very dark almost gray is some lights. It is a very attractive color and mixes well with a variety of color combinations. The color I saw I liked very much, however I still decided to go with chameleon for my malvern.

10. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

For the Bonafe MTO deal, if I wanted to have a brogue made as an austerity brogue, does that count as a pattern change? Or would they just leave off the perforations?

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

Bonafe already has austerity brogue pattern, you just need to pick a last for that pattern and there would be no additional charges from what I understood.

12. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

I was actually contemplating an austerity brogue blucher, which I didn't see an existing model for. Just wondering if they would make it without the perfs without the additional fee. The only EB austerity brogues I saw in either a shoe or boot were bals I think.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

That seems a little bit pushing the envelope from the spirit of the waiving of MTO fee, but you never know...

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Agreed. I wanted the Jodhpur but with the buckle on the ankle—like the Carmina design—and unfortunately that would've incurred a pattern change fee beyond the standard MTO fee.

Surprised nobody is throwing up MTO ideas utilizing the Aubergine leather on the Jodhpur currently sold by Skoak. What a great color. Remember they are trying to bring us a seamless wholecut in that leather, maybe by March/April.