• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New Edward Green styles available.

Edward Green Laughton in Nightshade Calf, 890 Last, F-fitting (wide).

Edward Green Newbury in Black Calf, 890 Last, E-fitting (normal).

We also have two UK 9 pairs of the Edward Green Shannon VIII in Dark Oak.

Most Shannon pairs were pre-booked and we also had severe delays on this style due to many pairs never making it through quality control (they were initially supposed to be delivered in September).

member2000r

Reaction score
Hmmm, seems the Shannon is in the new batch of doak which is darker & relatively boring.

@Leaves, please comment on the fitting of 890. Mine is to size like 202/606

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hmmm, seems the Shannon is in the new batch of doak which is darker & relatively boring.

@Leaves, please comment on the fitting of 890. Mine is to size like 202/606

I think the Shannon in this batch looks really nice and has a deep, great finish.

I'd say it fits very similar to 82 and 888, but slightly more elongated.

Tallcane

Reaction score
Other than saying "it fits wrong", what does it mean when a shoe blisters just the top of each big toe? I have a pair that I bought a few years ago (not from Skoak) that do this and I am trying to figure out what exactly causes it. They don't blister on the heel, just the big toes. They don't seem to be slipping on the heels either. Is it just my foot moving around to much in the toe box? I know this is not specifically related to Skoak but I want to learn so I can avoid this error again and this thread is one of my go to threads.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Other than saying "it fits wrong", what does it mean when a shoe blisters just the top of each big toe? I have a pair that I bought a few years ago (not from Skoak) that do this and I am trying to figure out what exactly causes it. They don't blister on the heel, just the big toes. They don't seem to be slipping on the heels either. Is it just my foot moving around to much in the toe box? I know this is not specifically related to Skoak but I want to learn so I can avoid this error again and this thread is one of my go to threads.

That almost always means that there's too much space between the leather and your big toe so that the leather is not creasing "with" your toes but rather creasing "into" your toes.

There are a couple of ways you can resolve this:

1. Use insole to reduce the space between the leather and your big toes. If your heel already fits then you may want to use a front half insole so that it does not disturb the fit in the heel area.

2. Or in my case, the heel and the small toes already fit very well. Hence when I put an insole, while it solved the big toe problem it caused other problems around the heel and the small toe areas. My solution was to put a heel pad on the inside lining where there's too much space between the leather and the big toe. So far it has worked like a charm (see attached picture)

YMMV, but I hope this helps

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Wow. That Shannon is beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads