• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cobashk

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on Carmina sizing? I've two pairs on the Detroit last in 7UK that fit well. Is Soller wider in the toe box? longer? shorter? How about Rain? Thanks!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sandtrap

Reaction score
Guys I need some help on G&G sizing for MH71 last. I wear UK9.5 in loake's F fitting. What size should I get for the MH71 last?

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise on Carmina sizing? I've two pairs on the Detroit last in 7UK that fit well. Is Soller wider in the toe box? longer? shorter? How about Rain? Thanks!

I wear a 7UK Detroit chukka that fits fine. Could be a little longer on the right foot, but everything else is good (width, toe box, heel, etc.). I also wear a 7.5UK Rain two eyelet blucher. Fits fine, but late in the day when my feet are larger, my right pinky begins to get pinched. The blucher isn't broken in that much yet, so hopefully that situation rectifies itself. The length and everything else is fine, although the heel can be a little loose. Also hoping that situation rectifies itself after more break in.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Email Skoak for fitting advice.

My take:

Size the same as Detroit. Soller is longer and just as wide in forefoot, but due to extra length, the toe box has more taper.

I wear 7.5UK in Rain and prefer 7UK for Soller (thick sock + insole), but could get away with 6.5 UK (mid weight sock, no insole).

HTH

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freaking unreal, dude!

I love them!

I'm sure that EB can do one like it and they even can make a bespoke last, if some of you guys didn't know that yet.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Pre order now open for the new Edward Green Kentmere boot on the new 72 last in Dark Brown Uath. For more info, follow this link:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/pre-order-deposit-edward-green-kentmere

We are of course also accepting MTOs for this new boot. Base price is 10 000 SEK including VAT / 8000 SEK ex VAT, plus MTO surcharge. Edward Green MTO Service Standard with a surcharge of 1800 (1440 SEK ex VAT) offers the possibility to select sole, leather and lining.

Late to the party, but these are fantastic. I've been wanting a pair of the Asprey or RL Herrick boots for a long time, but these might be better looking (sorry NAMOR).

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. I would weigh both options before choosing a method. My CC makes foreign transactions a PITA so I stick to Paypal. 

Honestly, capitalone quicksilver is the best and necessary if you shop internationally. No fee and 1.5 percent cash back . Surprised you guys don't use similar ccs.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, capitalone quicksilver is the best and necessary if you shop internationally. No fee and 1.5 percent cash back . Surprised you guys don't use similar ccs.

I haven't tried it for an order like this yet, but I was told that discover has no foreign transaction fee and always gives at least 1% cash back, with certain times of the year at 5%. Since they run it like it would be at the store, that should also work.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Discover IT card is the same but unfortunately Skoak doesn't accept Discover

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I haven't tried it for an order like this yet, but I was told that discover has no foreign transaction fee and always gives at least 1% cash back, with certain times of the year at 5%. Since they run it like it would be at the store, that should also work.

Nope. Skoak doesn't accept Discover

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Discover IT card is the same but unfortunately Skoak doesn't accept Discover

Wow I forgot about that. Good call. That is why I have been using Paypal! I just use Discover to pay for the Paypal so I still get the cash back.

Well it works for any place that accepts it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads