• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am saddened every time a new EG GMTO idea gets thrown out there, as i believe EG has stopped it's GMTO program. So, sorry @othertravel :(

But couldn't it be commissioned through Skoak? Similar to the boot he has up right now?

Last edited:

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaves Cool looking new offering. I actually like the brown boot without the buckles? Is that another model? I am not up to speed as the others on this thread on the EG boots so I do not know what is unique to this makeup - Leather, last , buckle or d. all the above.

Looks like I have a thread to read.

Thx

DuckOB

ps. really like the monkey boots on your site, any in the wild pics other than the new ones on the site?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But couldn't it be commissioned through Skoak? Similar to the boot he has up right now?

I suppose so, although i don't know why EG would cancel the GMTO program, only to have a vendor loophole. What is the difference in Skoak commissioning the order, and the original GMTO route anyways? I'm still confused on that point...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Only if he decided to stock it in his store.

That boot will be a stock model that he is letting us pre-order. That isn't a group MTO. They are no longer allowed.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only if he decided to stock it in his store.

That boot will be a stock model that he is letting us pre-order. That isn't a group MTO. They are no longer allowed. 

Ok, fair enough.

@Leaves , how much interest would we need to generate for you to stock a "top drawer" model?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Ok, fair enough.

@Leaves , how much interest would we need to generate for you to stock a "top drawer" model?
OK, I didn't mean to speak for Leaves as if it's that easy. I'm not really sure that it works that way.

And I don't believe you can stock a TD. Defeats the purpose of the TD program I would think.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do think it is pretty amazing that, since the end of the EG GMTO program, @Leaves is constantly working overtime to try to stock new EG models that people in this thread campaign towards. It is an ambitious endeavor, and commendable work.

So, thank you for all your efforts Skoak...

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I didn't mean to speak for Leaves as if it's that easy. I'm not really sure that it works that way.

And I don't believe you can stock a TD. Defeats the purpose of the TD program I would think.
Yeah, I don't know that there is a point in a stock TD -- I don't think anybody pays less because more were ordered so no reason to have a group as opposed to placing your own order for exactly what you want. But I also don't want to speak for Leaves.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will just say it: if you want a Top Drawer quality shoe, you have to pony up and pay for a Top Drawer shoe through the TD program. GMTOs are dead from EG for the time being. I recognize some people are new to the EG MTO process and its various levels, but there is ample info spelled out at Skoak's website, and their staff is very receptive to answering questions via email and private messages on SF. Good luck.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will just say it: if you want a Top Drawer quality shoe, you have to pony up and pay for a Top Drawer shoe through the TD program. GMTOs are dead from EG for the time being. I recognize some people are new to the EG MTO process and its various levels, but there is ample info spelled out at Skoak's website, and their staff is very receptive to answering questions via email and private messages on SF. Good luck.

I know about the upcharge for top drawer. Didn't know GMTOs got cancelled.

That said, would be interested in purchasing a top drawer shoe from Skoak.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We can still do GMTOs with GG, any ideas...? :deadhorse:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads