• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

charliechan

Reaction score
Trying to compare the dark brown museum calf to some of the other leathers. Would you say there is a difference in shade (darker or lighter) between the dark brown museum and the Ebano (dark brown) lama?

Thanks!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

For our last round of Darth Vader MTO, is betis or vitello being used? I want a thicker & stronger calf.

Usually we use Vitello for all our shoes, Betis has to be specified be the client specifically.

Trying to compare the dark brown museum calf to some of the other leathers. Would you say there is a difference in shade (darker or lighter) between the dark brown museum and the Ebano (dark brown) lama?

We only have the Cola in the shop, so it's kind of hard to gauge. Cola would probably be closer though. Ebano is really dark.

member2000r

Reaction score
Usually we use Vitello for all our shoes, Betis has to be specified be the client specifically.
We only have the Cola in the shop, so it's kind of hard to gauge. Cola would probably be closer though. Ebano is really dark.

So may I know if Betis is going to be thicker & stronger? you know hmm... all factors like creases, shine & texture is what making a black/navy wholecut awesome

Last edited:

charliechan

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick, I'm actually thinking of doing a dual tone so darker (in my head) seems better

teoky

Reaction score
What is the difference between Betis and Vitello?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Skoak,

Is shell cordovan included in this new EB MTO program?

How much is the upcharge for that?

Thanks

Yes, it is. There is a price list published in this thread and includes the up charge to cordovan. As well as a post from Patrik about available colors. It should all be within the last 10 pages or so or findable via search

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is. There is a price list published in this thread and includes the up charge to cordovan. As well as a post from Patrik about available colors. It should all be within the last 10 pages or so or findable via search

Okay. Cool. Thanks a million.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ryden,

I can't find that post regarding the cordo prices and options for the life of me........
baldy[1].gif

It must be a combination of my A.D.D. and general idiocy.......
foo.gif

HELP!

Thanks in advance..........
smile.gif

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Laufer,

You say the 74945 last gives you problems - I'm curious, what size do you take in Carmina Rain and Forest if you have shoes in either of those lasts?

Thanks!
Laufer, just bumping this one in case you missed it.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Laufer, just bumping this one in case you missed it. 

I took the same size in Rain, Forest and 74945
Rain is one of my best fitting lasts out there.
Forest did not work for me but the boots were made out of CXL leather which is very stretchy leather so think that might be a reason why. I have not tried Forest in any other leather.
74945 was just too tight in toes area for me so I am thinking about going a wide width on 74945 if available.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I took the same size in Rain, Forest and 74945
Rain is one of my best fitting lasts out there.
Forest did not work for me but the boots were made out of CXL leather which is very stretchy leather so think that might be a reason why. I have not tried Forest in any other leather.
74945 was just too tight in toes area for me so I am thinking about going a wide width on 74945 if available.

@stevent,

Indeed I wish there was a real life picture of green llama or at least a better picture of that swatch. What size did you take in those llama chukka?
I am awaiting a confirmation from Skoak as to availability of Bonafe lasts in wide width. I do have problems fitting in 946 and 74945 but I think I would benefit from a wider width instead of going up a half size. I am willing to take a chance at least.

I almost forgot about that green delapre makeup. I think that will be one of the winning combinations of all time.

I took 9, a bit narrow for me. 9.5 would work I think. Or maybe a 9 wide if they have it. 74945 looks a bit nicer though so if there is a wide width there might go for that instead

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I handled both 74945 and 363, 74945 is definitely nicer last.

Tuck16

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to get my first pair of EGs, but need some help on getting the right fit. I'd like to get the Chelsea, in either the 202 or 82 last. How do the lasts compare?

I currently wear the following:

Carmina Forest - 10 UK
Carmina Rain - 10 UK
AE 65 last - 11 D US

Given my sizing, what size should I consider in the EG 82 and 202?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads