Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I wear the crap out of them. They are aging well. Nothing different from new save for a few scuffs. I am still happy with the fit. I can really fit a serious sock in there. I got a pair of thick trail socks from JCrew for Christmas and the boots fit great with them on. So they will work really well for their intended winter use. I wouldn't think I could fit anything other than an athletic sock in there (like I wear with Barrie lasted boots) if they weren't F width.

2. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Great shine! Nice collection too, thanks for your continued support!

3. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Thanks - good to know. In my office with the heat cranked and feet are still cold in wool socks. I think I'll order Skoak's lined version if they run them again.

4. laufer

laufer Senior member

Hi @Skoaktiebolaget or @Leaves I understand that Bonafe is on vacation but when they come back could you find out answers on following questions. I listed here on forum because I think other members might be interested.

1. Is there an extra charge for Millerighe rubber soles? Last time I ordered I believe there was an extra charge (around $30) for dainite soles.

2. Does Bonafe has a full sock liners similar to EG full sock liners? Most of Bonafe shoes come with a half a sock liners, I was wondering if Bonafe has a full sock liners. This could be potential solution for us who are in between a half sizes.

3. Bonafe has a two prices for a fur lining. Fur insoles and complete fur lining. Does complete fur lining includes a fur insoles and full shoe/boot fur lining?

4. Does 74945 last come in a different widths?

5. Are there names for Betis calf colors?
    [​IMG]

5. borbor

borbor Senior member

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Vass didn't use to do it either. Something with long term/resoling durability

7. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

I have a pair of boots from a different maker that are almost exactly like the ones posted in color and design. I wore them for the first time today and struggled a bit with what to wear with them. They're too nice/dressy for my more casual cotton trousers, I think, but they seemed a tiny bit too "country" for worsted trousers (though I think they looked OK with some brown ones I have). I'm left thinking that they would be good with flannel, corduroy, or tweed trousers (and dark jeans, though that's not a common choice for me). Do others think they work with worsted trousers as well (and I'm just missing it) and/or are there other fabrics that would work well with these? Very interested in how other people utilize them, since they're such great looking boots.

8. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I probably wouldn't wear them with dressier, worsted trousers either. I mainly wear cotton trousers and heavier flannels in the fall/winter.

9. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

Thanks....good to know it's not just me. I was planning to have some more flannel and tweed stuff made up in a few months anyway, so this just allows me to make one more justification!

10. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I don't own any worsted trouser "separates". Anything worsted is with a suit which I hardly wear.

11. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I was thinking the Reh with the beveled two tone leather sole (double if possible) too because it seems like it still could be dressed up but it is unique too. Then I also was thinking that i probably could darken it slightly to give it a nice antiquing if it seems a little too light, whereas the cola is already quite dark.

No I haven't seen the Reh yet either, but Gabriel said that the Reh looks like the shade of that chukka with the Norvegese that I posted above.

12. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I agree. They look great with a classy shine that isn't over the top.

13. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I have a pair of the Gold Delapre Alderley boots and they look great with dress pants. They look like a nice pair of full brogues under the pant. I wear a cuff for them, especially with navy to make it pop a bit or grey shades. I don't know what color they have in stock at Skoak because mine were MTO, but I can imagine that any color that isn't too flashy will look great!

I have to say that the Delapre leather is amazing. It is so soft and this is the one case where I actually can say it "feels like butter"!

We really need to think about how so many office environments wear horribly made shoes with the super pointy toes if they are young guys and normally very bulky "comfort" shoes with rubber soles if middle aged or older. The docs I am with usually wear sneakers or comfort shoes, so just about anything seems to work in the medical offices/hospital anymore. It is really a shame, but it gives me a little for freedom to push boundaries with styles and colors. (More complements for me! haha)

14. mw313

mw313 Senior member

You could even try some nice boot socks. They make some in various colors and the extra comfort from the extra padding on the bottom of the foot is great. You can't imagine how often I wear them, even with dress shoes that are too wide or dress boots as long as I am able to get a rough enough looking outfit together for the day. They are great in the winter and also can give some nice compression if you are on your feet a lot.

15. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

That's interesting; thanks for the feedback. I have a rationale in my head for the ones I have, but you've given me something to ponder (not for this thread, obviously).