Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Learned from you my man! Dont forget that you introduced me to shell and then you post insane boots on insta

I know the owner and when he comes to SF I go see him.

I dont mind if its darker or lighter. Patina is always nice and I am understanding shades vary from batch to batch

Wilkes Bashford in SF. Franco brings his newest collection and has created a perfect last for my foot so I choose what style/color I want. Hes asked for me to not put pictures up just yet so I have to respect it but I posted it and got a ton of interests.

Thanks bro! Unfortunately EG doesnt work for me as it does for you so this is the next best thing!

2. ino68

ino68 Senior member

The EB make up I'm debating, it's either this, the EG Shanklin, or nothing [​IMG]

Model 3635 (3643 is a more rakish version, but it might be one too many flourishes)
    946 last, or whichever is the one in Stefan's picture below.
    #8 Suede, Hidro Volpe
    Tonal chained norvegese, with the outsole trimmed as close to the stitching as possible (is this possible? :))
    Light brown edge treatment
    Millerighe sole

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  3. mw313

mw313 Senior member

sounds like a good idea. I like the plan with keeping the outsole as close to the chain stitch as possible. It shouldn't be able to go right to the stitch but probably can get quite close. I would expect quite a bit more than the standard norvegese that is in the picture. Why not a leather sole and the Millerighe sole instead? Just to do something different?

4. ino68

ino68 Senior member

Oh I just prefer not having to worry about leather soles on wet pavement, and the black rubber will add a bit of casualness.

5. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Have you seen that sole in person yet? I haven't but it looks nice from the pictures. I keep certain shoes for when it is supposed to rain out so i never really worry about it. I have one or two "rain shoes" in each basic color.

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Whatever works, besides that particular combo just happens to remind me of one of my favorite boots. It's not the exact same color, but it is calf and cordovan.[​IMG]

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Oh my @tifosi , did you hear what he called you?

[​IMG]

8. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

Don't mean to jump into a retailers thread, but since it has come up.....

It was a project I did with Borgioli, and have the same construction coming again from Sassetti in the Spring. The EB here is fantastic - very clean. I will say that Radica/Museum probably wouldn't work for Norvegese/Treccia construction, though...the leather is too thin (almost ladies weight) to handle the work. We even had to delay the current delivery for one Season because the Annonay calf was not sturdy enough (changed to an Italian calf) - and Radica doesn't have nearly the body that a typical French calf does. At least that would be my take.

9. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

That makeup looks amazing. Hmmm... @Leaves Any restock planned for EG Gold Delapre Alderleys? thanks

10. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Hey Ron! How have you been. It's Matt W the big narrow foot (14-15 extra extra narrow) who has spoken to you quite a bit over the phone, but never on SF.

Someone mentioned that they thought it was borgioli and thought that you were now doing something from Sassetti. How do you like working with Sassetti over Borgioli? Have you expanded the sizing and widths available for your shoes.

Wow is the Museum/Radica really that thin? Do you think it could work with a normal thinner stitched norvegese instead of the chain stitch?

11. mw313

mw313 Senior member

those are amazing shoes. They are my favorite pair that I own so far! The Gold Delapre really feels special when wearing and just moving your hand across it. If they don't get any in you could always do a MTO on it and they even have other shades of the Delapre leather.

12. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Yup. That's why I unsubscribed to the thread and blocked Bakes....

You won't be having my enabling services in this thread any longer. LOL

:lurk:

13. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

For some inspiration regarding Enzo Bonafè MTOs check the hashtag #enzobonafe on Instagram, there are loads of Japanese dudes sporting great Bonafè styles. Bonafé is legendary over there. When Enzo went over there last time, people brought their kids to be photographed with him, crazy stuff!

14. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Senior member

They're well represented @ Isetan and I can vouch for that.
    Some of my favorites from the Instagram (@Leaves: Can you help to identify for me which last the loafer is on? Many thanks)

For the last pic, never mind the shoes. That's a great looking coat!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

Apologies if this has been addressed before, but how is the fit of SkoABs stained trees for GG TG73?

Thanks