Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Touche'

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Just get all 3. I saw no mention of a one-per-customer clause.

Make hay while the sun is shining!

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Agreed with above. Order more than 1-2 of you are deciding. Your gonna regret not buying after January. And no skoak isn't paying me to say that it's just my philosophy. I've bought 3 sport coats when I should have bought 1. I've bought multiple shoes that I've never seen after. Go with it and don't choose

I have 4 mtos open with skoak, 1 with GFW, 2 with bontoni.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

oh shit you done raised the bar :slayer:

5. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Strong spending recently. How do you mto with Bontoni? Don't see a lot of them.

6. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Senior member

A fantastic choice no doubt. Just one tip though. Not sure if you have any shade/color combination in mind so you may want to ask EB to take a picture of the shell first. Horween's light colored shells are notorious for the variations in shade.

Specifically for whiskey it ranges from very close to natural to dark whiskey (darker than saddle but lighter than cognac.) in any case it's better to check first!

I've almost gone bust twice trying to do a whiskey (one from GG and the other from Vass.)

7. mw313

mw313 Senior member

They look great! The 804 has a lower instep so that may work. Check out the posting that showed a bunch of MTOs of chukkas. There are quite a few variations in style that i have seen. You could even google it. Good idea though.

8. mw313

mw313 Senior member

that is like me. I have a few ideas that i have been narrowing down. I'm almost there and as long as the sizing will be available, I just need to decide a few of the small details.

What is everyone's thoughts on the colors of the linings? Are all of you guys getting the standard, or has anyone tried something different?

9. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Senior member

Aside from the color, goat / calf lining? Goat is supposed to be softer I think but not sure about durability?

10. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Oh is there a lot of difference in durability? I thought that goat would be slightly softer, but i can't imagine it making much of a difference in comfort. I was really thinking about the darker browns or bordeaux. Anyone with experience on them.

11. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

How did you place the MTO with Bontoni? Retailer or direct? And did you see a catalog of current styles/swatches/lasts?

12. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Chris Wright at Stanley Korshak in Dallas is a good guy to speak with. He gave me quite a bit of info on them with various pricing options and will send you pics of any of the styles, lasts, swatches that you need.

You can also speak to Lewis Cutillo, who is part of the family that owns Bontoni. He is a very down to earth guy and can also answer any of your questions. He just gets very busy sometimes so it may be easier to speak to a retailer first like Chris. I have spoken to a few other retailers but Chris was the most thorough that I have spoken with. And yes, they do make more than just Blake construction as many people seem to think.

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Fabulous idea, I also can't wait to see the final result.

14. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Sounds like the Master Enabler needs a little more enabling.

Hecks fire, just yesterday he had no problem telling me to get off the stick and jump off the cliff. LOL

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  15. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Well, you can't expect much from a philanthropic-tire-kicking small timer such as himself.