1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

I had the same thoughts about the chiseled toe as well. I was really hoping if I went with it that it would work for me because chiseled toe really looks fabulous.

2. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

Bonafe bespoke is only 2000 SEK more I say in your case you should probably plan your next vacation around visiting Bologna.

Gabriel is probably right, I did not know about your feet being 14A or AA that is really tough to fit.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

What do you think about doing it in museum calf?

4. mw313

mw313 Distinguished Member

Yea I saw that it is but the problem is that I am in medical school and don't get off. I'm also going into a surgical residency and as you can imagine, I won't get much time off for travel during that time. I would love to get a chance soon to stop over in Italy.

I spoke to Enzo and he said that he can make a shoe in my length, but he would have to play around with my measurements to check the width. I don't know the exact details on that yet. I think they are closed for the week.

5. dddrees

I decided to go with an EG MTO I've been considering for long time. I've been wanting another suede and calf EG shoe. Something I could wear with jeans. I had been thinking about the Harrogate but after more serious consideration decided the Malvern was more my style. Once I got to this point I decided that the Chameleon Calf and Loren Suede would be a nice departure from the more typical offerings I had initially considered.

6. mw313

I love the chiseled toe too. It looks great.
    Museum calf is one that i was thinking of, plus there are quite a few colors that really are fantastic. They can have so much depth to them.

7. mw313

Good choice. I like the Malvern too. So you did you do it like a spectator? That will be really cool for jeans and you probably could try to push it with some other types of pants too.

8. dddrees

At some point it may, but Museum calf hasn't really grabbed my attention yet. Seems like it might be higher maintenance though, besides I really like the leather and color already pictured as is.

9. dddrees

Yes sir, and I have a few other spectators already as well as a Galway in suede and leather. I really like the Suede and leather combination. Really kind of gives the boot or shoe another dimension so to speak, with different colors and textures.

10. mw313

Yes I love that combo too. I actually have a pair of plain cap toe double monks that are set up in the spectator shoe style in dark blue for the leather and the suede. I haven't done it in a boot yet, but I will have to try it eventually.

I think it looks great in the EB button boots too. Especially leather and suede or even the leather with peccary or grain on the shaft.

11. dddrees

EG Galways are fabulous looking in this particular configuration, and there are so many various different ways that work so well together.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015

12. mw313

You're right. it seems that the galway is close to the perfect boot to work on the combinations.

13. mw313

and the shannon of course.

14. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

It will work very well. I recall a chiseled toe chukka with norvegese that Rider did (through a top italian maker, can't recall which) -- not museum but very deeply burnished. Those Enzos on 946 made me think of them immediately and I've considered whether to order a pair with chain Norvegese in museum of one shade or another.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015

15. mw313

Wow so there may be a few of us sharing photos of similar shoes on here. So you were thinking 946 chukka with chain norvegese in museum? Which museum were you thinking? a dark one like plum or one of the lighter brown shades?

Was the one that Rider did from his own company or another company?