1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

your combo makes me want to sip on egg nog and listen to burl ives. the round apron looks good here with this grain. im a big flan

2. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

Always a bit easier once the kids move out. LOL

3. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Distinguished Member

Happy Christmas Eve gents!

As I'm wrapping gifts and drinking eggnog I'm finding myself thinking heavily about the EG Shanklin pre-order. I'm having a hard time getting a bead on exactly how EG coffee suede looks in my Internet searching. Can any EG experts comment on how light it is, or have any natural light pics to share? This would be my first EG, so no experience with their leathers. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014

4. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

A reason why we don't have any yet... I need to drop the rotation to under 20...

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

6. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

20 or less would be less than I personally would want go at this point. I have been able to reduce it somewhat by selling some via BS. Mostly shoes acquired when initially getting into the game. They weren't going to be part of the rotation anyway, and I really never have liked keeping things just to gather dust or take up space. Typically I go through my stuff every year or so and get rid of things that I no longer need. After a couple of years of buying better shoes I'm starting to get a better idea as to what I like and which ones actually work for best for me.

I would imagine however since you have been doing this a bit longer you have an even better idea what works best for you.

7. nickrut

nickrut Distinguished Member

20 or less seems unreasonable. Then again I have like 125 pairs of shoes including sneakers so I'm probably on the high end.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

pics needed ASAP

9. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior Member

Agreed!

10. Ironist

Ironist Distinguished Member

I'm willing to help you do this. You know where to find me :D.

I think I just want 31. One for everyday of the month. If I really love the shoes then I can't bare to not wear them for more than a month. Either that or 62 so I can stay seasonal.

11. sacafotos

sacafotos Distinguished Member

@fairlynerdy

I believe there is an increase in darkness starting with:

Coffee
    Mocha
    Mink

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Distinguished Member

Damn you rydenfan, these are growing on me... :decisions:

13. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Distinguished Member

@Leaves what GG suede swatch is EG coffee suede most comparable to? That would help me get an idea on what to expect...

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

I was closer to 50 but now I think I'm shy of 40 (including those coming in). I've definitely parted with many shoes from makers that are good, but the last weren't just right for me (e.g., AS). If I got rid of all my Aldens I could definitely hit the 20 mark but their shell is more like a "collection" for me (even if I wear the pretty regularly).

Maybe after a few years I'll forego wearing suits then I can really cut down my balmorals. I figure that will be the case in 5-10 years. In reality I'm a pretty good customer of ASICS since I buy running shoes 3-4 times a year.

@nickrut, when you do post your shoes, use a spoiler because my server might crash when I try to load the page. :)

15. nickrut

nickrut Distinguished Member

Lol there are a lot of sneakers mixed in there. I've been collecting shoes since high school so some are older pairs like Jordan's and whatnot. Ill try to post some pics when I go home in a week or so.