• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Without regard to the picture, I will note that G&G's "loafer" last is kn14. It is one of the best fitting loafer lasts that I know of, and own.

Oh OK. Maybe that pic was just for color and not for last. Thanks, SFTG.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Isham and Hove on mh71 are very good looking shoes. :nodding:

Can't get enough of the Isham. I have one pair on the MH71 in Vintage Oak on Dainite and it's so bloody great. Have two more Ishams on order (Vintage Chestnut and Kudu).

Is that loafer that Leaves posted on the MH71? That is a nice looking shape. Isham would look good. What is the Isham traditionally on? If I just google pics, what am I most likely to see?

That's KN14. The Isham is usually made on the MH71, with a storm welt but it looks better without it IMO. Our version is without.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe...haha

Is that loafer that Leaves posted on the MH71? That is a nice looking shape. Isham would look good. What is the Isham traditionally on? If I just google pics, what am I most likely to see?

Correction,the loafer is on the KN14 last, but i have come to really love the MH71 last. It is a finely crafted last, truly gorgeous in person, you just can't appreciate it's full awesomeness in pictures. As far as the Isham, even the GG06 would probably be good, and would be more comparable to the EG 202.

The Isham would probably be ideal on the MH71 last, but I think it would look good on any GG last except the TG73. GG has incredible flexibility, so you can pretty much chose your last when ordering your MTO. Which is why most models can be found on various (if not all) last options in online pics...

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Got a pic of vintage chestnut?  Any F widths coming with your fall order?

Tavistock in Rioja in F and we'll probably open up for pre-order too in different widths, but thats still a few months off.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got two great styles from Dandy Shoe Care to offer, single pairs we've sent down for Alexander to work his magic on. Both available in UK 9 only.

Carmina Single Monk by Dandy Shoe Care (EDIT: sold)

Carmina Chukka by Dandy Shoe Care

Last edited:

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaves - How durable is Alex's work? Looks great in pictures but I'm wondering if the coloring fades over time? Obviously the shine will go down but does the patina?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I much prefer the Dover over the Mh71 Hove. I just like the country like feel on the Dover. Hove is more city which would be good if it was an oxford... Just love the round goodness of the 202 Dover.

Oddly though, I do prefer the Thorpe over the Nevis though. The Nevis stitching seems weird to me. The apron seems more squarelike and blocky and it reminds me of Carmina's split toe shape which I hate.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm, I much prefer the Dover over the Mh71 Hove. I just like the country like feel on the Dover. Hove is more city which would be good if it was an oxford... Just love the round goodness of the 202 Dover.

Oddly though, I do prefer the Thorpe over the Nevis though. The Nevis stitching seems weird to me. The apron seems more squarelike and blocky and it reminds me of Carmina's split toe shape which I hate.

Mixed media Thorpe would be superb. Thinking chestnut pin grain with a smooth leather on the shaft and vamp. MH71.

Or maybe the Isham in chestnut pin grain?!

@Leaves

Those "**** kicker" Thorpes you posted were on the TG73? Looked pointier than MH71.

I love the side profile of the Isham, reminds me of the Vass OE II model. So clean.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads