• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rc121

Reaction score
^this^ I might be interested if we can get a last that has a wide option

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone interested in having the Carmina 803 split toe made in the same lightly grained brown calf as the Jumper boot?
I might be interested in having it made in this color

Vodking

Reaction score
What last?

^this^ I might be interested if we can get a last that has a wide option

I might be interested in having it made in this color

Open to ideas on last - personally I have no objection to the default Queens last but I'm aware that its one of the lesser known lasts on here, which may put some people off from buying.

My preference would be for a double York sole.

While the burnished tan grain is a strikingly beautiful leather, I don't think it offers the same "staple shoe" quality as the darker lightly grained calf.

Would chestnut or oak hatch grain be of more interest?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am open to a hatch grain too. As far as lasts are concerned I would welcome to round wide last too.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I am open to a hatch grain too. As far as lasts are concerned I would welcome to round wide last too.

We just came back from the Carmina factory. I saw the Horween hatch grain up close. It is not quite the same as the Gaziano & Girling hatch grain. I don't know if G&G finishes the grain in a special way (probably) or if they source it from somewhere else than Horween. I do like the Carmina Hatch Grain but please do not expect the same as G&G hatch. G&G finishing is in a different league after all.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Group MTO update: there has been a delay of the Burgundy Adelaide and the Burgundy Chukka. This is because the tannery Carmina use has had problems delivering this particular color. I have no more info regarding when it can be expected to arrive either. I'm going to the Carmina factory on Monday September 30 and hopefully I get more info then.

Hi Leaves,

What's the widest Carmina last?

enjoiii

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you know when the MTO cordovan jumper is supposed to be ready for shipment? The original ETA was late September.

Vodking

Reaction score
We just came back from the Carmina factory. I saw the Horween hatch grain up close. It is not quite the same as the Gaziano & Girling hatch grain. I don't know if G&G finishes the grain in a special way (probably) or if they source it from somewhere else than Horween. I do like the Carmina Hatch Grain but please do not expect the same as G&G hatch. G&G finishing is in a different league after all.

Interesting, Leaves, thanks for this info. I believe this Alfred Sargeant chukka uses the Horween hatch grain - the colour in this photo is named "Sienna". Still looks stunning and would make a perfect split toe derby.

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score
if they can do it in that leather on a last with wide option, it would be hard to say no

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi,

Do you know when the MTO cordovan jumper is supposed to be ready for shipment? The original ETA was late September.

Can't remember making any such promises to be honest, but maybe that was the original plan. The order was placed mid July so these boots would have had a ETA mid-October,but I was told during my visit to the factory a couple of days ago that it's closer to late October.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Interesting, Leaves, thanks for this info. I believe this Alfred Sargeant chukka uses the Horween hatch grain - the colour in this photo is named "Sienna". Still looks stunning and would make a perfect split toe derby.
Looks about the same as the Hatch Grain I saw at Carmina. But it's not quite as good as this recent G&G MTO: :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads