Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Dovers are killing the thread! :slayer::slayer:

2. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Mahogany CC is beeyouteeful!

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

@Leaves
    My understanding is that EG and GG will close for the holidays for about two weeks this month.

Does that mean you have probably already received your last shipment from them until the new year?

4. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

They look beautiful!! Congrats!

I should have had mine yesterday, but for some reason the post office is playing "keep away" with them. Hoping for Monday.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

They are indeed.

Another thanks goes out to @tifosi for coming up with the idea and Skoak for the usual excellent service.

6. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Tifosi The Enabler delivers again! Thanks.

7. Leaves

We're probably looking at 1-2 drops before they close up. But they are closing up shop for about two weeks.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014

8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Thanks Leaves, we'll see if Santa makes a Christmas delivery for me... :)

9. Leaves

As some of you might be aware of, I recently visited the Edward Green factory. I promised you guys I'd look for some special materials. I searched hardand found a few exciting materials apart from the standard Edward Green offering.

1. The most promising material I found was a pin grain called "Brandy Pin Grain". This has a warm, brown color.
    [​IMG]

We decided to stock the style Plymouth in this grain, it will arrive in late March. It will be winner if you ask me, as pin grain looks awesome on Oxfords. Please email [email protected] if you are interested to place a pre-order or be on the waiting list. Here's a picture from @Looking to improve for inspiration, although the below is made up in Rosewood Country Calf that has far large grains printed.
    [​IMG]'

We'll also take single MTOs for the Brandy Pin Grain of course. After our line of Plymouth is made, there's enough for about 6-8 pairs in Brandy Pin Grain. There's also dark brown pin grain and black pin grain enough for something like 18 pairs in each color.

2. We're experimenting with a new calf color that we call "pomegranate". This is on the experimental stage at the moment, I'll get back to you on this after we have made up a prototype in this new color. If the experiment goes well, we'll launch it as a store exclusive color.

3. Also found Cordovan made in England in the leather storage room. The tannery is called Clayton and we're making a prototype in it before we stock a style, just to see how it turns out. It comes in several colors although EG only stocks Burgundy at the moment.

Over and out for this time. I might have wished for more, but next fall I'm going to the leather fair "Lineapelle" in Milan to scout for even more exciting stuff for you guys!

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Sounds great @Leave , thanks for the heads up. Always look forward to what you've come up with next. By the way what tLast and Sole will the Plymouth be on?

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

Indeed what soles and last the Plymouth will be?

12. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

If it turns out well, I hope the stock model is the Alderley you proposed before! Shell EG Boot would kick ass!

http://www.styleforum.net/t/291745/...s-info-and-where-to-buy/7300_100#post_6985029

13. Leaves

It will be on the 82 last, E-width, single leather sole. Will be stocked in UK 5.5 - UK 12.

14. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

I am impressed with @Leaves and his crew's ability to deliver. Heather Gorse, Willow Grain, now Pin Grain, Pomegranate, and English shell. It's like Edward Green Christmas every quarter with these fellows.

That Plymouth makeup will be sweet indeed. Thanks for all of the awesome work and photos. You never disappoint. Cheers.