Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Since my work involves the brain, does that mean I should value the insoles and sockliners? :dozingoff: @JubeiSpiegel, I'll take your aesthetic abilities any day if it comes with those PS skills!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  2. S K M

S K M Senior member

I'm saying Nevis with round apron, brown dainite, storm welt and in... Coffee suede. More of an autumn boot though, but sure it would look outstanding...

3. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Honestly, each of you guys can do whatever you want as the EG GMTO is no more.

4. S K M

S K M Senior member

Sure thing, but why not share ideas in the process...?

5. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Oh no...I agree entirely. I didn't mean we shouldn't talk about makeups. That just usually leads to GMTO talk.

A coffee suede Nevis would be bananas.

6. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The Museum Calf from Carmina was bound to happen sooner or later I think. I visit the Carmina factory at least twice a year and I usually try to challenge them a bit by suggesting new designs and requests of bringing in new materials. Sometimes they bite, sometimes not. In turn, I found the drive to persuade Carmina from drooling over John Lobb make ups over on the Leathersoul website. And the Uwing design idea was inspired by an old Edward Green style called Windsor from the 80s. The extended Adelaide and reverse Adelaide was in turn an idea that Tony Gaziano came up with. I was trying to persuade Tony to produce the Uwing Adelaide style for us as an exclusive, and he came up with the idea to bring better balance to the pattern by extending the Adeialde along the topline. Unfortunately I could not persuade G&G to produce that style, but Carmina was more than willing to do so, although José Albaladejo definitely put his own touch to the make-up. Can’t really blame Steve for capitalizing on “my” ideas, I in turn have been inspired by many other people.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

.....my man

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Besides if it generates enough interest maybe we'll be able to convince @Leaves to order it.

9. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I see what ya did there.

10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I need to stop reading these threads... as long we another EG GMTO talk doesn't happen I should be safe. At least I gave my wife a decent watch so she won't scorn any new shoes. :)

11. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'm your huckleberry, I'm off to Northampton to dig in the EG leather storage room next week.

It's a great way to make a $500 shoe look more exclusive. Hand burnishing they way EG and G&G does is expensive. Museum Calf is a way for makers in the lower tier premium segment to get some of this feel. I do agree that one has to be picky with MC, that's why we did not stock the Burgundy MC. Carmina does not use the same tannery as John Lobb, I don't know where they source it. Bonafé seems to source from the same tannery as Lobb though, because all the Bonafé MC swatches corresponds to names of MC leathers I've seen JLP use.

Thanks!

Agreed, as you know, I'm always open to suggestions.

Keep the creativity flowing!

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Halifax on 202
    Brown Utah leather
    Dark brown edge trim
    Flat welt
    Dark brown Dainite sole

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Excellent, were you able to find the one she wanted?

14. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

The unwing boot is spectacular and Skoak deserves tremendous credit. Without diminishing that in any way, when customers come to GF and ask Steve to have Carmina reproduce a great design through him, what should he say? "No, please take your money elsewhere?" Just saying...

15. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

@Leaves

Since the pingrain is not available at Edward Green at the moment, perhaps you could gently suggest they look into adding it again.

How about Maple Stag, or any color of Stag? I'll look to see if there are other interesting materials that are less common that could be helpful to ask about.
    Cheers.