• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiddler

Reaction score
I was wondering about that visual too....if that is an accurate replica of what carminas looked like back in the day, they look much better than the shoes they make today (love the sharp curve on the outside of the left shoe....stunning.)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I was wondering about that visual too....if that is an accurate replica of what carminas looked like back in the day, they look much better than the shoes they make today (love the sharp curve on the outside of the left shoe....stunning.)

I've inserted the Carmina logo too, I did not consider people would think they were Carmina shoes. The ad is from the 50s I think and this was way before Carmina was founded. Although the family who owns Carmina (Albaladejo) have been making shoes since something like 1860 or so, Carmina is considerably younger.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This model is going into the final stages if realization, order is being placed next week. We have asked for a dark Navy Shell so the result will be similar to the chukka pictured here. Pictures courtesy of SF member Calikid. E-mail me at [email protected] for more info.

FALL PRE-ORDER

We've decided for a Navy Cordovan Chukka for our Fall Pre-Order Run.

This is a model I saw in the Carmina Thread a while back and fell in love with. Navy Cordovan is just so rich in color.

• Carmina model 708 three eyelet Chukka
  • Navy Cordovan
  • Detroit last
  • Double Tomir Sole (rubber/leather combination sole) with storm welt
  • Red lining
  • 4320 SEK ex VAT, about $655 (5400 SEK inc. VAT)

This is what we're aiming for:

In order to participate in the Pre-order run we will require a 25% deposit. Sign-ups for the Carmina Fall 2013 pre-order run starts today and closes on September 8. Delivery will be around mid-November. Shoe trees optional at 640 ex VAT (800 inc. SWE VAT). Shipping 300 SEK - World Wide. Free shipping - Sweden, Denmark, Finland. EDIT: E-mail [email protected] for more info

Here are some more pictures provided by Calikid where the red lining is visible:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^so nice, if only I didn't have a navy shell Jodhpur coming in

Barcelona

Reaction score
This model is going into the final stages if realization, order is being placed next week. We have asked for a dark Navy Shell so the result will be similar to the chukka pictured here. Pictures courtesy of SF member Calikid. E-mail me at [email protected] for more info.
Here are some more pictures provided by Calikid where the red lining is visible:

I have been away from this thread for awhile so first I want to express my condolences on the loss of Adam.

Regarding the Tomir rubber sole, besides the different tread pattern, how does it differ from the York rubber sole?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have been away from this thread for awhile so first I want to express my condolences on the loss of Adam.

Regarding the Tomir rubber sole, besides the different tread pattern, how does it differ from the York rubber sole?

Thank you for your compassion.

It's mostly a pattern difference, and the heel is attached with nails and glued while the York was only attached with glue (the few York models Skoaktiebolaget still carry are now both glued and nailed at the heel, but I still prefer the Tomir better so we're phasing out the York).

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A short update on the 708 Navy Shell Chukka pre-order, deposit invoices are going out today, please notify me if you have not received it by the end of the day.

Swede66

Reaction score
Thanx for a truely nice "kvällsmys" at Skoaktiebolaget tonite Patrik. All four new Carmina boots where nice, with the antique grain jumper boot on top.
And don't forgot to put my name on a pair of the DOAK Dovers for March
1f609.png

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Right here (X-post)! :)

Bona nit cavallers, as they say in Mallorquin. We just had a wonderful event at Skoaktiebolaget where we had the chance to meet clients, assembled journalists, bloggers and friends. We presented the following four new models from Carmina. I hope you like our new selection (follow embedded links for more info on each model).

Carmina Jumper Boot

Carmina Tanker Boot

Carmina Antiqued Burgundy Boot

Carmina Full Brogue Boot

Just PM me or e-mail if you need any assistance.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pics on Skoaktiebolagets site are really good, but here's a bunch of others on their new Carmina grain jumper boot, model 80184, which I picked up. Great shoes:

-

Last edited:

Swede66

Reaction score

The pics on Skoaktiebolagets site are really good, but here's a bunch of others on their new Carmina grain jumper boot, model 80184, which I picked up. Great shoes: [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
-
Great shoes, great pictures. I'm picking up a pair after lunch myself
1f60a.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads