Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

2. dlind

dlind Senior member

@Leaves How different is chestnut compared to cedar? Am I right in thinking it's considerably lighter? Need to try to convince myself that I need this shoe as well as the vintage cedar Cambridge I already picked up from you [​IMG] Any plans on doing a preorder for a St James II in a more business colour, e.g. vintage rioja, vintage Oak?

3. Dieg0

Dieg0 Senior member

I was wondering, since it is boot time and we have seen a lot of classic models come by, if anyone would be interested in something less convenient.

Because of budget reasons my attention goes to the carmina GMTO offer of skoaktiebolaget. More concretely I would like to know if you guys would be interested in a balmoral boot in burgundy calf and (dark) blue calf.
    To convince you that the colors are a match made in heaven I'll post this

[​IMG]

If leave it up to you to choose which part you want in burgundy and which in (dark)blue, I have a slight preference for the lower part being in Burgundy.
    Also carmina brought out a different model this season
    [​IMG]

where the modification would be to put speed hooks for the last four "holes".
    I am also fine with the classic model
    [​IMG]
    but I would like to get rid of the cap toe and instead have a medallion and bragging between the upper and lower part.

If I find nobody I'll wait and go for MTO myself.

A last word about the sole, the climate here doesn't allow me to wear leather soles very often, so I would go for rubber ones and I thought of the Victory soles skoaktiebolaget has on carmine's jumper boots. It is not much thicker than dainite, but is by far more solid.
    [​IMG]
    And the last, well I think Robert would be fine, but we could consider the forest last too.

4. dbacr

dbacr Active Member

staying on topic, I sent in my deposit for the Bonafe. Thanks for the help.

5. lovingcup

lovingcup Member

Im up for doin some crazy balmoral! Especially if its on the robert last.

The blue/burgundy combo is pretty neat.

What do you think about the u-cap balmoral with blue upper and burgundy lower? Austerity wise with the upper leather sewn over the under leather (usually the other way around)? No cap and a medallion is ok for me.

Dont you think a balmoral could be better with a dressier rubber sole? The victory feels heavy.

Hope we can do this.

6. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

I'm keen on the idea as well. Didn't quite understand all of the specs in the OP. definitely would prefer dainite to victory.

7. buckeye00

buckeye00 Member

Thought I'd share a quick in the wild pic of the burgundy Enzo Bonafe jumpers / derby boots I received on Friday. I wore them for the first time on Saturday for date night with the wifey and they were spectacular. I normally take a size 7 UK / 8 US. These were 7 UK and were a perfect fit on the first wear. Great depth of color on the leather and they look great with denim. I just need to decide if I should keep a shine on them or build up a patina with no shine. This was a great opportunity to take advantage of the strong USD!

[​IMG]

8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Those are super-nice, congrats!

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

X2

Congrats

10. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

Those look great in the wild - @Leaves I think maybe you should start photographing some of the shoes being worn on actual feet :)

11. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

12. Leaves

Great, wear in good health! Jumpers always look better in the wild than in product shots. And as Justin says, please remember we have a pre-order for this exact style but in Col.8 Horween Cordovan: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...25-pre-order-deposit-enzo-bonafe-col-8-jumper

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

13. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

What are the major differences fit wise between Enzo Bonafè's 946 and 2102B lasts? Is it the higher instep of the latter? Could you compare the fit/instep height of 2102B to another shoe maker/last? Vass' U-last is regarded as having a high instep. Is EB's 2102B on par with the Vass' U-last when it comes to instep height?

I find the last extremely appealing in some pictures, while it looks to long in others. Ergo, I can't decide if I should give it a shot.
    Awesomeness: http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/86/900x900px-LL-86cea6af_image.jpeg
    Clownish: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-64npw-n_O3o/U0Geqx-4kVI/AAAAAAAAAMc/6x2toN6QJPc/s1600/IMG_2064.jpg

14. Leaves

Please e-mail us for fitting advice.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

15. Leaves