Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Comparing Alden to Bonafe, as the owner of multiple pairs of both, I will say that Bonafe makes a more stylish and elegant shoe than Alden, but not as durable a shoe as Alden. Alden to me is more of a work horse shoe, durable and meant to go the distance. In a car comparison I would suggest Alden = Cadillac Bonafe = Alpha Romeo.

2. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

Alden shoes do not strike me as proper dress shoes with the exception of the captoe oxfords that they offer - as well made as they are, and this fact cannot be denied, they do not compare to the elegance and craftsmanship of an Enzo Bonafe shoe. Let's get for real here:

Alden = toyota tundra
    Bonafe = Land rover

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

All these car comparisons seem to miss one of the most important aspects that Bonafe offers (arguably the most important), that being the hand lasting. If the hand lasted construction equates directly to quality and longevity of a shoe (as far as expert opinion on this forum is concerned), none of the afore mentioned comparisons do it justice...

4. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

^ correct

5. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Right. Alphas looked great -- sitting in the driveway or by the side of the road because they weren't worth a shit. A car that did not run. I saw another poster said bonafes were akin to land rovers - another car known for its epic cost and decades long reputation at being a spectacular failure at a car's most basic function - actually staying on the road to get you from point a to b.

I hope these analogies are false and that Bonafe is a higher quality of shoe than alfas and rovers are of vehicles. Being flashy but useless is a recipe for going the way if alfas.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

6. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

People will still be able to order it as MTM, it's just that we won't have any styles as RTW the coming season. Love the shape of that last, reminds me a lot of G&G MH71, so I'm looking for a Bonafè last that looks similar to 2102B but easier to fit, ideally a last that comes in different widths.

7. Leaves

60 lasts, 4000 styles. No joke.

We have the style called Carmina Work Wear, this is at the top of the first page. Then we have the 10051 in brown incoming, and also 10051 in black scheduled forJanuary, both on Tomir rubber soles.

[​IMG]

EDIT: added picture of Carmina work wear

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

8. Leaves

^^ Bonafè is a higher quality shoe than Alden, that's my opinion. But they cost more too. Style wise they are very different, so it all comes down to taste. Bonafè is a lot of bang for the buck though. I'm amazed (but grateful) they are not more expensive.

Bonafè is actually well known for sturdy work-type styles too, it's just that we don't carry these. I've seen ski boot looking styles from them that looks extremely rough. We have a style like this incoming though.

So Bonafè carries both dressy and rough work horse styles.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

We have the style called Carmina Work Wear, this is at the top of the first page. Then we have the 10051 in brown incoming, and also 10051 in black scheduled forJanuary, both on Tomir rubber soles.

[​IMG]

EDIT: added picture of Carmina work wear
    10051 is the semi-brogue on Rain? That sounds perfect! Can I email to get on the notification list for them?

10. Leaves

11. spike66

spike66 Active Member

Hi Leaves,

Will you be able to sell the EG Oundle?

12. Leaves

Yes, we offer all EG styles.

13. CraigC

CraigC Senior member

Are you speaking from experience regarding the Alfa? The one I have had for the last 8 years has been totally reliable. It is still a better car to drive than it's successor a VW Passat diesel despite being 12 years old. Comparing it to Cadillac, please, there's a reason they aren't popular outside the USA.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

14. Leaves

^^ Please guys, stay on topic.

15. spike66

spike66 Active Member

Hi Leaves,

What colours can be had for the Oundle? Antique Olive possible?