• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross post from the Carmina thread:

Some new mid-season stock, don't think I ever posted these:

Model 922 in Tanned Calf, Rain last.

Is the "Tanned Calf" Carmina's "Natur Calf" or it is totally different?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is the "Tanned Calf" Carmina's "Natur Calf" or it is totally different?

Carmina has two tanned colors;
vegano cuero (pictured above) - vegano has a richer look and some natural variations, I prefer vegano myself and we use if for almost all our models.
natur cuero - lighter and flatter in color. Natur works best for dress shoes IMO.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is a model produced especially for Skoaktiebolaget by Carmina Shoemaker. Last spring we visited the Carmina factory and presented a couple of design ideas to Mr. José Albaladejo, the patriach of the Albaladejo family and creative director of Carmina Shoemaker. He had started scetching before we had even left the factory and a few months later a prototype was sent to us. This is the finished product; a wonderful U-tip, or U-wing, as it is sometimes called although Mr. Albaladejo calls is a "Scotsman". Keep an eye out for more custom models this fall. Carmina 80373 (modified, without a toe medallion), Rain last, Tomir leather/rubber combination dress sole.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really impressed with that U-cap design guys, well done.

Unfortunate that it seems other retailers are going to reap the benefits of your hard work, or do you have exclusive rights to the design for X amount of time?

WiredandTired

Reaction score
I'm picturing that u cap design in burgundy shell. It would be killer.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Really impressed with that U-cap design guys, well done. 

Unfortunate that it seems other retailers are going to reap the benefits of your hard work, or do you have exclusive rights to the design for X amount of time?

The majority of the work was done by the Carmina team, so I have no problem with them selling it in their flagship stores or to other retailers, as long as you guys know who came up with the idea for the models (more to come). :) We only provided Mr. Albaladejo with some very rough sketches and some oral instructions. I'm amazed that he interpreted our instructions so well and captured exactly what we were after in only one try. He's sharp!

ascher07

Reaction score
Hi Leaves,
Do you have any of the sandy suede carmina chukkas left in stock or any recorders on the horizon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads